Military Brides
Options

Wedding Checks (PIP)

So I've made some wedding checks I wanted to share with you guys!!

I went and picked up my dress on Wednesday and brought it home, my first fitting is tomorrow! It was really neat trying on my dress again. It was a lot lighter than I remember it being, and I'm really excited that the train is a tad bit longer than what I remember as well. I was scared it wasn't going to be the length I wanted, but it is!!

I have a dumb question too though that I was thinking about last night. When I got the dress the lady gave my a champaigne colored sash to go with it and it looks perfect together. But - none of my wedding colors are champaigne. Would it be dumb to still wear it, or should I match more closely? Here is a teaser picture of the dress in my guest bedroom - sorry for no good ones, I didn't have any one there to take a picture and it was a pretty quick ordeal. I did completely forget to try on veils too!

Invites are mailed - well the A list ones are. It ended up being about 30 total (we gave out 8 total when visiting).

Up Close of font

I think I might have my bridal jewlery, but I'm not 100% sure. I llike it, but I don't know if I love it, or if I want something different. I think I might go with a single pearl instead. But.. this is what I have atm.

And finally I got my shoes!

I'm also ordering the embroidered hankercheifs tonight for the parents and for FI. I just placed an order on etsy for my BM jewlery. http://www.etsy.com/transaction/68344625 she also got a matching braclet. (part of her gift) I'm also ordering these personalized wine/beer glasses soon. http://www.etsy.com/listing/89161820/personalized-hand-painted-bridesmaid My BM will get 1 as will Eriks GM as part of their gift. Our parents will get one as well.

I'm hoping to get my signs done for the reception this weekend. Bar sign, welcome sign, favor sign etc.. FI is taking care of the limo today. All of the wine has been purchased, and some of the liquor. I have some tequila/rum coupons that we are going to try to get to the NEX this weekend to use. Next week we meet with the priest to give him our NFP and PreCana certificates and get a book on readings to choose from. I'm still fighting with the church, no one seems to like to give calls back, I contact the music director in November, followd up with him tuesday and never got a return call. Ugh.

Just almost 2 months to go!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Wedding Checks (PIP)

• Options
    The champagne sash will be fine!! I can't wait to see pics of your fitting!  Looks like you've been busy!! and I love the jewelry for you, and for your BM..  is that for them to wear in the wedding?  What kind of dresses did they go with?  I seriously can't wait to see all the pics of your wedding!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks Sami!!! I thought it would be, but I started thinking about it last night and got a little unsure about it.
    Yep! It'll be her wedding jewlery too. Here is a picture of it on her, and actually it's the only way I've seen the dress. lol. It's not the best picture, but its Pewter.

I've been a little busy, I really need to get my butt in gear big time! lol. I don't want to be doing too much the week before the wedding. We have a meeting next week to meet with the reception coordinator to decide on our menu. And then the last week in Jan I meet with the florist for the final meeting/run down.
  • Options
    Ohh!! What a cute dress!!! I would totally wear that not just as a BM dress!! I Love it!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_wedding-checks-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:d6a659e4-4d0e-4541-bade-8ca3818bfeadPost:97f1ef01-ecd3-435d-9aff-14ce1dbf8de2">Re: Wedding Checks (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ohh!! What a cute dress!!! I would totally wear that not just as a BM dress!! I Love it!!
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]

This was my goal. LOL. I actually just let her pick it out, told her it needed to be knee length and she went shopping with my mom and we picked it out via text. I also went with the pewter for that reason, hoping she would wear it again since its a more neutral color. :)
  • Options
    I love that BM dress.  I think the sash will look just fine on your dress.  It should go well with the pewter BM dress and look like it just flows together.  Maybe you could talk to your florist about adding a champagne colored ribbon around the stem of your bouquet if you want to add the color somewhere else. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Contests on the checks! I'd wear that BM dress elsewhere too, it's cute!
  • Options
    Congrats on the checks. I love the dress!!

Just a note, you might want to blur out a bit of the picture with the address in it. I'm sure your guest wouldn't want his address floating the internet =) You printed those right? They look really nice.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    2 months away?  How exciting!  Congrats.

I love the shoes. I think the sash would work out just fine! :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I am loving your wedding shoes, and your BM dress! I, too, would wear it again and again after the wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards