Maine

countdown..

Hey ladies, 

wedding is exactly one month from today and starting to panic a little!!  We are actually in really good shape and don't have much left to do but the whole everyone staring at me thing is making me sweat haha How is everyone else feeling!!??

My latest checks,  I made the flowergirl baskets (or decorated i should say), made a card box for the reception, made the hair accessories (still have to finish the jewelry!), made the table numbers.  My to do list now... music selections, come up with some fancy drink specials (ANY IDEAS??), ceremony readings and stuff, get a marriage license (yay!), finalize and finish paying all the vendors, and make the guest favors.. so in good shape i think.  I have my final fitting in 2 weeks, my hair trial this week, makeup trial next week, bachelorette party next weekend, and a bridesmaid sleepover the week after that... yes a sleepover haha.. we have all been friends since we were kids so it only seemed natural to have some wine and rock out to the backstreet boys while my honey is off for his bachelor weekend

So how is everyone else feeling, and new checks, pictures to share?  any one else having crazy wedding dreams.. like my hair falling out during the updo haha? this board has been a little slow lately..
Anniversary

Re: countdown..

• jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally feel you on the  "everyone staring at me" thing. that's one thing both fi and i are freaked out about. i can't stand the thought of walking down the aisle while everyone looks at me presumably saying "ohh, awww!!"

congrats on all the checks though!
  • edited December 2011
    yay checks. I'm having a lot of wedding nightmares recently! Usually about the wedding being tomorrow and I'm not ready!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am 40 days out and seriously in a fog right now.  haha.  I'm so busy with work (writing this from Chicago actually!) that I barely have had any time to focus.  Oh, and did I mention that my older sister decided now was the right time to have a midlife crisis?  Yeah, not happy with her these days and she's my MOH.  Ugh.  I've got a bunch of crafty things left to do and some signs to make, but it's just a lot of little things that add up.  I am making a detailed list of what's left when I get home so I can focus on finishing things one at a time!

For drinks, our signature drink is a blueberry-watermelon mojito.  So simple to make.  There is this rum called DonQ Mojito rum.  It's mint infused and you seriously just mash up some fruit, throw that in the rum, and add some club soda.  It can be made ahead of time and garnished with some mint.  It's pretty, refreshing, and really tasty! 

Good luck with the rest of the planning!
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    At a month out, I was feeling like you are now. Now I'm 11 days out and I'm actually feeling pretty good!! No more wedding dreams as of late (although I probably just jinxed myself). We are heading up this Sunday for the drive to Maine (27 hours at least...ugh) and we are in good shape to basically not have anything to get done once we get there except enjoy ourselves. Although I am saving the seating chart for the drive. I figured I could get it done in 27 hours...
  • Krista521Krista521 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies :)  I am so glad i am not alone on the nightmares!! haha  And it's nice to hear im not the only one who not psyched to be the center of attention... Thanks for the insight Jesse, I am hoping i will feel the same way and only see him up there :)

Thanks for reminding me sarahfowler38... i totally forgot about the seating chart!  hopefully the 27 hour drive goes fast and you only have to spend an hour on the seating chart..

love the drink idea chrispygal!! i may have to try out some ideas haha... good thing to do with my girls at the sleepover haha!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards