Interracial Weddings
Options

Music!

Will your music have any cultural influences?

Vacation White Knot

Re: Music!

• Options
    I want to have the most eclectic list! I don't know how it will turn out, but I plan on having a little bit of everything... salsa, bollywood, American danceclub, swing, oldies, country, Christian, Bosnian... everything. :)

My plan is to ask my guests to make requests (with us having veto power) so that people have songs they want to dance to... and I alreayd have a list in my head of songs I want. We're doing an "ipod wedding" (though I don't actually own an Ipod. lol)
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    @LLP mine are giving me a hard time too! I can't believe the requests!

In any case I just have to remember the DJ was told no to the chicken dance - anything else can go...
    Vacation White Knot
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:f3ee937b-4b17-4763-b942-4d1fa259ccb2Post:2a86329f-cd8a-48e9-b17f-1bf7006cdf32">Re: Music!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>It's like pulling teeth with Caribbean folk</strong>..first they tell me to make sure they have some music they can dance to (Caribbean artists) but now that I'm pressing them for songs/artists, only 1 person (my dad) responded.  And I've been asking for months.  If they don't respond by my DJ meeting next month, I'll tell my DJ to play whatever the heck he wants. 
    Posted by littleluckypenny[/QUOTE]
    AHAHA, you're not kidding! From the start I wanted to incorporate some music native to my FI's island of Martinique. I told him very early on to think of songs that he & his family would enjoy hearing/dancing to. Dancing is huge to me & I'll have a lot of Spanish songs to dance to. <div>
    </div><div>After months & months of asking, he finally decides that he doesn't want any music typical of Martinique there. I was so disappointed! That's really the only influence left. Everything else is pretty American. He claims he doesn't want the other guests to be bored since they don't know how to dance it. I told him that a. that doesn't matter. b. they can learn. c. not everyone has to dance at all times. Still nothing. Oh well! </div>
  • Options
    We will have some r&b, country, and a lot of current stuff.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards