New York-Hudson Valley

Re: ...

• Vane2385Vane2385 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Voting Ends Next Tuesday May 3rd at 11:59 PM! =) Please Rate us and vote for us!

Thanks Again!
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    No offense, but people often post crap like this on these boards. When your first post on this board is asking us to vote for you it really rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Many knotties will vote for others to win instead.
    imageimageimage
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry if you think this is crap. But it actually is a real contest that we are trying to win. I posted it as a separate post for a reason and not under any other threads. I thought this forum was for fellow brides/grooms to support eachother and help each other out. If something like this bothers you than don't open and read it.

God Bless You!

• kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    A) That's the beauty of a public message board - I can open whatever posts you want
    B) I know it's a real contest, that's why I reported you
    C) These forums are for brides to help each other, but think about it: why would I vote for a complete stranger? If you posted here before and we "knew" you, fine - I still don't like it, but whatever. But you obviously aren't interested in the help/support, just a free wedding
    imageimageimage
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You "reported" seriously.... I guess it wasn't a valid report as I have not been contacted for doing anyting wrong in this forum.
    Secondly I'm pretty sure not everyone in this forum knows everyone personally and still helps out with ideas, any questions other brides have, experiences, etc.
    & thirdly you Don't know me so please don't act like you do and assume I'm only interested in a free wedding. I am planning my wedding but to win a free one would be great as well. I'm pretty sure many brides would feel the same. Who wouldn't want a free wedding.

This is the last comment I'm writing as I'm not participating in this very catty behavior in your part.
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Vane, since you are new, I'm sure you wouldnt know this...but there are a TON of spammers/vendors that come onto these boards to get attention/customers. Most of the time, you know it is a vendor/spammer because they only have a couple of posts and they are hocking their own products.

Some brides have also tried to get votes for wedding contests. This isn't inherently wrong, but if you have no history on the board, many of the posters' gut reaction is to think you are a spammer/vendor - which are not allowed on the knot and should therefore be reported. Or to feel put off by it.

It's usually better to request votes once you've had some history with a board because it's really a turn-off to the brides on here to see someone who they heve never "met" come on merely to get something for themselves. In some cases, they don't mean to come off that way, but in many cases the brides literally come on for that sole purpose. Which is really kinda tacky. It's like "Hey there - you have no idea who I am, I'm not going to bother wasting my time getting to know you and/or contributing to the board, I'm just going to use you all to get myself free stuff and be on my merry way"

It seems that is NOT your MO, but you can see where the regulars, who have encountered this a million times, might make that assumption.

Kristin is merely following the general guidelines, and has spoken to you in a direct manner (rather than sugar-coating), which is very common on these boards. Not everyone is going to give you advice with a smile.

Just thought you should understand where she was coming from. I hope your wedding planning goes well- best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards