September 2012 Weddings

SUCCESS!!!!

I GOT STUFF DONE!

My mom called yesterday and said that she booked our reception hall for us, and had made an appointment to meet with the caterer to discuss food and other details. It sucks that I have to have my mom do this, but I can't get any time off from either job to do these things!

Then, after reading the "must have photo" thread on here, I browsed pics for things I might like. I have been having one hell of a time getting my FI to agree about what he and the guys will be wearing. But as I was looking at pictures, I found not only a great pic, but the groom was wearing a really nice, western outfit. I took a pic with my phone and sent it to my FI and he agreed, and said he would wear it! That in itself is a huge step!

Also, looking at those pics made me start to doubt our photog choice. To my knowledge, the guy we chose to do our pictures is just a local fireman who has a huge camera. I started to get nervous, thinking I would end up with normal pics that were just taken with a high quality camera. I mentioned this to my FI and he immediately corrected me. Apparently, this guy has won national awards for his photos (granted, they were firefighting pics) and has done tons of weddings. I feel better about that then. I still wanna see a portfolio but Im not as nervous now.

This weekend I am going to a florist to get ideas, and then hitting up that Brides World show to look into limos. FINALLY some progress!

Re: SUCCESS!!!!

• WOOT WOOT!
    breathing easier??
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yay!  Always feels so nice to check things off the list.  Especially ones that involve FI cz sometimes they are so dang hard to motivate!
  • Its just like you girls said before... now that stuff is going, I feel even MORE motivated! My FI went out for a little dinner last night and the whole time we talked about the ceremony and how its all going to happen. There were only a few "Whaaat? Why Do i have to do thaaaat" from him, but we got it settled lol.

• Woot! I'm (kinda) on a roll too now. We're just about done designing our STD's, and we're narrowing in on a HM location. I'm also going to start researching area florists since that's the next "big vendor" I want to book.
    Anniversary
  • WooHoo for progress!! It does seems like once the ball gets started things do start moving fast
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards