Ohio-Cincinnati

Hotel Blocks

How exactlly do you request a hotel block without knowing how many rooms you will need? Do you tell them more or less then you think it will take? Plus I want to split it up a little because I know not everyone can afford a $120+ a night hotel. We have a guest list of over 200 people. I added it up tonight and if everyone comes, we will have 142 guests needing rooms... But I know some of those people will not be attending since most of them live in MI where my family is from which is another issue... I don't know how many of them will come down on Friday and how many will come down on Saturday. I asked my MOH who got married this past spring how she did it, but she said her wedding cordinator did it for her (I don't have one). Our wedding is in six months, I need to get this off my list of to-do's!!

Re: Hotel Blocks

• if you contact the hotel they will give you an idea on what to do.  my hotels (Westin & Garfield Suites) blocked a number of rooms based on the esimated amount i had coming from out of town.  they blocked thurs- sun for me at the rate. if you have people coming in even earlier or staying later just let them know and they will extend the rate.    remember if you are inviting 140, if most of them are couples it's really 70 rooms. choose a couple hotels at different price points to give options.  Garfield is $99 for a 1 bedroom suite and $129 for a 2 bedroom suite- so people can even share rooms easily to save money.  the westin is a bit more at $129 for a single and $149 for a 'view' of fountain square... (i think these are my rates off the top of my head). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards