Chinese Weddings
Options

Tea Ceremony Prep

Hi... I am planning on doing a tea ceremony at my wedding.... what do I need? I.E. chairs, tea pots.... ect... ?

Re: Tea Ceremony Prep

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chairs - you could have just two, and serve one couple at a time, or line up a whole row of chairs and serve them assembly-line style.

A teapot and kettle

Tea, dates, and lotus seeds

Cups - LOTS of them. Remember that you'll be using 2 cups for every person served (you both serve every person).

A tray, to carry each round of cups

If you're like me and won't have enough cups for everyone, bring dishwashing supplies - an apron, detergent, gloves, sponges. My BMs helped with the washing.

It's also helpful to bring a pen and paper, and ask someone to help you write down who gave which red pocket and gift as you receive them.

Helpers: someone to pour the tea, someone to carry the tray of cups, dishwashers and people to write down the gifts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, one more thing... it may sound stupid, but this also made things run really smoothly at mine... write down a list of everyone to be served in order. Give the list to a helper and ask them to coordinate, so that the next couple is ready to go while you're serving.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ring_pop!  I needed this, too. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Me, too! Thanks ring_pop!

Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • Options
    calli0pe00calli0pe00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    me three! thanks!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You also need a red pillow, several cups with plates, and you need to wear the "kua" or QiPao.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards