Oklahoma
Options

Bridal party confusion....

We are planning on a very small bridal party...One maid of honor, one best man, flower girl and ring bearer..BUT herein lies the issue...I don't have a best friend who is female..My best friend is a man..so what do I do?? Anyone else have this issue?

Re: Bridal party confusion....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You have a Man of Honor!  I've been in a wedding before where there were 4 of us girls and then one guy and he was a bridesman.  It totally works, especially these days when it's okay to buck tradition. 
    Photobucket
    December PS Sig Challenge - RINGS! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome idea! How did they handle the outfit? Did he just wear whatever the groomsman wore or maybe a different vest/ tie? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm having a Man of Honor too! He's going to be wearing the same tuxes as the groomsmen. For the processional, instead of everyone walking down the aisle arm in arm we are considering each wedding party member walking alone or having the man of honor and best man walk alone. That way no one has to feel awkward walking arm in arm with another man.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The wedding I was in the bridesman wore a tux just like the groomsmen.  I'm not sure if he was differentiated (if that's a word!) in any way or not.  I think if you make him separate from the groomsmen, and make the groom separate from the groomsman, it just starts to look confusing.  But that's just me.  I think you will make it look great, just don't put him in a dress!  :)
    Photobucket
    December PS Sig Challenge - RINGS! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Darn I was hoping to put him in a little cute dress! lol..j/k! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with a man for a best friend! Thanks for the help ladies!
  • Options
    TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep - Man of Honor is the way to go.

Here's an awesome bridal party from a wedding I went to last September (the Craftyminx is a friend of mine, and also did a vendor review in our vr thread, if you're interested in looking at her stuff.)

As you can see, she had a Man of Honor, a Bridesmaid, and a Bridesman.  And her husband had a Best Man, a Groomswoman, and a Groomsman on his side.

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards