Chit Chat
Options

Ugh Bored!

I was recommended for a tutoring job by my math professor last semester. So now my job is to sit in a room and hope that students come to ask for help. I'm so bored. I've been here for 5 hours so far and no one! One more hour to go.

So does anyone have anything funny/good/awesome that happened to them this week?

My awesome thing is that H was told that he got the work promotion that he wanted. But he can't tell anyone and it won't be official until April.

ETA: And we will be getting all of our wedding pictures by the end of the week. Hurray!

Re: Ugh Bored!

• Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Yay for promotions! I spent the last few days going through boxes with my mom. She and my dad owned the mortgage on a house and when the guy who lived there died they ended up taking posession. Well he was a hoarder and there was an entire room packed to the ceiling with boxes. It was crazy. Soooo much clothes and paper. Not really awesome but kinda crazy. Tomorrow I am going to meet with the realtor to put my house on the market so that I can officially move in with FI and to his town. Hooray.
  • Options
    That would suck!  I, too, had a bad tutoring day, albeit not as bad as that. I tutor a kid at his school during study hall. It is about 10 miles to get there, and when I got there today, I was there for all of 5 minutes b/c he had no work to do and then drove home, and the traffic was so bad it took me a full hour to get home. I wish he had texted me to tell me he didn't have any work so I could have slept in AND avoided all that!

My awesome thing is that my husband gets to be home an extra week longer than we thought. Hooray! 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Ugh tlc. My grandpa was a borderline hoarder. The garage, the shed, the covered back patio, the extra 3 rooms in the house were filled! We rented trash bins (like the kind outside of stores) for months. It took about 6 months and 100 trash bins. So I feel you on that one. His was mostly plumbing stuff and tools. And mail. He saved every stupid piece of mail that got delivered. What was really bad was that he told us, before he died, that he sealed money in pipes. So we had to cut open every sealed pipe we found. Never did find any money though.

How exciting that you get to move in with your FI! Hopefully everything goes smoothly with selling your house!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_ugh-bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:514f71af-8046-4edb-83aa-d5dab9883cdfPost:42575f3b-f628-4c02-a860-88b3535f23a4">Re: Ugh Bored!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That would suck!  I, too, had a bad tutoring day, albeit not as bad as that. I tutor a kid at his school during study hall. It is about 10 miles to get there, and when I got there today, I was there for all of 5 minutes b/c he had no work to do and then drove home, and the traffic was so bad it took me a full hour to get home. I wish he had texted me to tell me he didn't have any work so I could have slept in AND avoided all that! My awesome thing is that my husband gets to be home an extra week longer than we thought. Hooray! 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

It would be nice if he would actually tell you not to show up! Especially since you aren't already there!

Mine is for the college district, so it is basically on a walk in basis. This campus is new so most people don't come here, they go to the other campuses. And they are still furnishing it and none of the installed computers work. It is a fight for the outlets to plug laptops in! I also have to sit in on a statistics class. So even though I just took the class I have to sit through 4 hours a week of it AGAIN! Oh well, its extra income that we were never counting on.

Good news about your husband! The extra time will feel great since it was not expected.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_ugh-bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:514f71af-8046-4edb-83aa-d5dab9883cdfPost:79644729-1a2f-4f08-a058-9486bbe87ef2">Re: Ugh Bored!</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI got more job security yesterday.  Which is nice, since he was worried that his program would no longer be around in 2-5 years because of funding.  He is the director of his program and since they added more items in his department they are going to add an employee under him.  One of his new programs will be the summer lunch program for the kids in the county.
    Posted by snippet17[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a pretty awesome program to be a part of. Job security is always nice!

• Options
    I think we found a house...we've outgrown our current place and our lease is up the first week of April, so we're getting married March 16 and moving April 1. In between all the wedding planning, running around after our toddler, and FI's rec basketball league starting, we've been lookng at houses. The one we decided on is like half a block fromhis parents, bigger space, and about $300 cheaper than our current rent. We're pretty excited. This will likely be our last rental before buying so that savings will really help. I just want to get the lease signed asap lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_ugh-bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:514f71af-8046-4edb-83aa-d5dab9883cdfPost:9f794a01-bb5c-4f52-b5cf-98b005f3fe3a">Re: Ugh Bored!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we found a house...we've outgrown our current place and our lease is up the first week of April, so we're getting married March 16 and moving April 1. In between all the wedding planning, running around after our toddler, and FI's rec basketball league starting, we've been lookng at houses. The one we decided on is like half a block fromhis parents, bigger space, and about $300 cheaper than our current rent. We're pretty excited. This will likely be our last rental before buying so that savings will really help. I just want to get the lease signed asap lol. 
    Posted by bridalmarch[/QUOTE]

Gotta love cheaper rent for a better place! Sounds like you have a lot going on! Good luck with moving. I don't do well moving. I'm dreading when our lease is up this year!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards