July 2012 Weddings

Possible Honeymoon Ideas??

I know we all have quite a while for a lot of this planning, but does anyone know where they would like to have their honeymoon??

Re: Possible Honeymoon Ideas??

• oops...I just voted for the wrong one! lol... I was trying to vote for somewhere tropical. Our wedding will be in Canada, and we'll stay for a few days after the wedding for a mini-honeymoon. Then 6-8 months later we'll take our "real" honeymoon, to Belize! For some reason, I've wanted to go to Belize for my honeymoon for as long as I can remember. I've already started researching resorts and can't wait to actually book and plan it!!
  • bblouinbblouin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We are planning on a cruise of Alaska! We love outdoorsy stuff like kayaking and hiking but it is relaxing and scenic!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_possible-honeymoon-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:7ceda024-cb4c-4c61-ac92-f6a0220954f7Post:05f57f7a-30c9-489b-a391-ca0bc7c6fee1">Re: Possible Honeymoon Ideas??</a>:
    [QUOTE]oops...I just voted for the wrong one! lol... I was trying to vote for somewhere tropical. Our wedding will be in Canada, and we'll stay for a few days after the wedding for a mini-honeymoon. Then 6-8 months later we'll take our "real" honeymoon, to<strong> Belize</strong>! For some reason, I've wanted to go to Belize for my honeymoon for as long as I can remember. I've already started researching resorts and can't wait to actually book and plan it!!
    Posted by LanaChristine226[/QUOTE]

My parents LOVE Belize!!  They have taken 2 cruises that pass through there.  Great choice!
  • We are thinking either Turks and Caicos, Hawaii, or New York. We can't decide if we want to do something with the ocean or go somewhere where we can do a lot of things (like New York).

However, I just got back from Aruba today and it is absolutely gorgeous-- so we may end up going back there!
  • Ever since we started dating we talked about taking a trip to Thailand so we finally decided that we would go there for our honeymoon!!!
  •  JenR2- Where in Thailand?  I have been-it's GOREGOUS!  Phuket is one of my favorite places!

We are thinking of Dubruvnik in Croatia since we have been there and loved it.  There are beaches, wineries and very pretty state parks.  Otherwise we are likely going to go the tropical route.

LanaChristine- do you know where we can get info on Belize? I've heard nothing but wonderful things about it!
  • we're heading off for Savannah, GA. its somewhere not too far away that we've both always really wanted to go (but for totally different reasons) ah well it works :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Seconding the Alaska cruise. Before we were even engaged we talked about it, and we both love the idea!
  • Also thinking about an Alaskan cruise. Future hubby REALLY wants to go and has been obsessed with the idea. I've always wanted to go on one. It looks like it'd be beautiful.
  • My FI and I take a trip to Disney every year and that's where to proposed. So, it only seems fit to celebrate our new life together there. :) We already know the things we like to do there and have been to several of their resorts so we also know what the rooms are like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards