Tennessee

Planning a Pigeon Forge HM...what should we do?

FI and I are planning our honeymoon in Pigeon Forge and we are trying to figure out how many days to stay. So what is a good amount of time to stay? What do ya'll recommend we do? We already know we want to go to Dollywood but we didn't know what else to do. I know there are lots of shows to go see...what are some of your favorites?
Thanks for your help!

Re: Planning a Pigeon Forge HM...what should we do?

• mswood1977mswood1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definately spend at least one day walking through Gatlinburg, which is right next to Pigeon Forge and very charming and there is alot to do (mini golf, shopping, Ripley's Believe it or Not Aquarium, Guiness World Record Museum etc..).  .  There is also some caverns there you can tour (I think they are called the Forgotten Caverns).

There are also lots of tourist attractions in Pigeon Forge.

I have been there 5 times and never stayed more than 4 days.
    image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mommy 3 Months Old image Tristan 3 Months Old Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • SarahLMBTSarahLMBT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Pigeon Forge (well, the next town over, but I am 5 minutes away).  Besides Dollywood, Dixie Stampede is the my favorite.  I would look into that.  Some of the best things to do are just to go walking around Gatlinburg, hike in the mountains (if you are not a hiker, there are really easy yet beautiful trails and also there is a moter vehicle trial that is amazing). 
    In my general opinion - stay as long as you are able to.  To me, the honeymoon is the only time just the two of you are going to have away from everything.  It is the only time it will be just about the two of you.  If you can only stay for a few days, then stay a few days.  But if you are able to, stay for two weeks!  If you have any questions about the area - let me know!!!

PP - yes, there are caves here.  They are called the Forbidden Caverns and they are gorgeous! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You should definietly go to Dollywood and Dixie Stampede. A ride into the mountains and Cades Cove 11 mile loop is a must. Titanic is brand new and a wonderful attraction. If you don't already have a place to stay and like to camp you should go to the KOA campground in Pigeon Forge. If you would rather stay in a cabin you should check out www.oakhavenresort.com located just ioutside Pigeon Forge.  It is amazing and they have a SPA!!! Have a great time and CONGRATS!!
  • edited December 2011
    I was just cruising around the web myself thinking about doing a bachelorette bash there and for some reason I think the Pigeon Forge Gem Mine is friggin' brilliant! I think it'd be neat to buy a bucket and have a ring specially made for each of my bridesmaids as a souvenir! And How romantic for your honeymoon to have maybe a pair of earrings or something made from stones you found on your honeymoon! What an heirloom piece!

That is if you don't mind spending some of your honeymoon/bachelorette party sifting through dirt haha
  • edited December 2011
    I recommend, if you like the outdoors, is check out cherokee's Mingo Falls.  There are just about 15 minutes from gatlin burge and just a short walk to them.  They are gorgeous. That is where my FI proposed :)
    June Siggy Challenge: Venue (backyard) Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow thank you all for your great ideas! We have definately decided to add some of your ideas!
  • eastTNbrideeastTNbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on how active you want to be.
    If you are into hiking and the outdoors, you could easily spend a couple days hiking and exploring the mountains.
    There's also Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies, which is pretty neat.
    If you are big shoppers, it's easy to spend a day shopping in Gatlinburg and another couple days shopping at the Tanger Outlets and elsewhere in Pigeon Forge.
    There is also an artisan loop where you can visit the galleries and studios of local artists, like potters and painters.
  • edited December 2011
    I am personally not a fan of Gatlinburg... be careful of the tourist traps and "discount" shopping. The dining also seems more expensive than surrounding areas. Don't let me scare you off, just saying keep an eye out.

I do like the mountains and parks, there are good Horseback riding trails if you like that. You can definitely have fun at Dollywood and Dixie Stampede too.
    www.thecuttingetch.etsy.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards