Options

Best places to register?

What are the best places to register?

Re: Best places to register?

• Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would almost say it's up to you! We are at, Bed Bath and Beyond, Target and Kohls.

We've had a little trouble with Target taking stuff off our list that is discontinued without telling us. But other than that it's been great.

LOVED BB&B the people there were super nice, and if you don't get something you want after your wedding you can come in 1 day and buy all that you want with 10% off.

HTH
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Target gives you 20% off items left on your registry after your wedding.

Younkers gives you 15% off items left on your registry post-wedding.

Dillards gives you 10% off items left on your registry post-wedding.

I'd recommend them all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are also at Bed Bath and Beyond and Target.  Like medusia said, we have had problems with Target taking stuff off our list without tell us.  We were at Kohls and Dillards at one point too, but I closed those because we didn't have a ton of stuff on them.  We ultimately moved most our stuff to Bed Bath and Beyond and only have things like board games, etc at Target that we can register for at BBB.  Totally up to you and FI though and the kinds of things you are looking to register for.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Target and Pampered Chef! I had a Pampered Chef bridal shower and got a ton of stuff and a lot of money off items once people bought the items!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BBB for sure but beware, you will spend a lot of time there doing the registry and it gets exhausting.  However, they are really nice and helpful (at least the one in West Des Moines at Jordan Creek).  Their guns work really well too.

Target has been really positive as well.  The only thing I don't like about going there is that every time I walk in I seem to find something else to put on!

Sears, oh Sears, how we have had trouble with you!  My FI is a Craftsman tools lover so this was a must.  If not for that, we would have walked away a long time ago.  They have many issues with their guns.  You can scan something and it shows on the gun but then it does not go onto your registry.  There was no consistency to it either.  Just some stuff never went on.  We probably spent double the amount of time there than we should have.  It was soooo frustrating!

My advice is where ever you go, plan for lots of time and more than one trip.  I have modified ours many times online too.
    My Flower Girl (my niece) and I at my Shower:
    IMG_0141
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did Target, Younkers and PotteryBarn...all have worked great thus far.  I thought most people would buy from Target, but Younkers has been the hot place.  Just try not to registry stalk!  :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards