Hawaii
Options

What shoes to wear for the beach?...

We are gonna take bridal photos on the beach...I wonder what shoes should I wear with my wedding dress...I'm not tall so I don't think I can do barefoot...I'm thinking wedges might be easy to walk on the beach...but don't wedges look wierd and not as pretty as sandals?...

Re: What shoes to wear for the beach?...

• Options
    Tough call....after walking in the sand barefooted for my wedding, I can't imagine wearing shoes....I think I'd roll my ankle ! Lol. You may want to practice!
  • Options
    osayyesoosayyeso member
    First Comment
    edited June 2013
    Cool
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit Hawaii.weddings.com 

Wedding Countdown Ticker 

• Options
    Has your dress been altered yet? I originally had my dress altered to wear cowboy boots with it because we were going to be getting married in Georgia. So with flats it was about 2 inches too long. I wore flat sandals and ended up taking them off. It's a pain to walk in a wedding dress period. My mom wore wedges and took them off. I'd go with what's the most comfortable for you. I'm super short also so I feel your pain!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    If you really want to be taller, I'll highly recommend you to wear shoes having platform + wedge + straps (such as the pictures below). I've worn this type of shoes on beaches for many times, and I found it's totally WALKable. But make sure to pick a pair of shoes with enough straps that could hold shoes on your feet, so your shoes won't fall off.  Good luck!!!

re:looks, I agree that the wedges don't look so good... but the platform part of shoes usually would sink into sands, so people couldn't see the platform.

• Options
    Agreed! Platform/Wedges or sandles or barefoot....

We decided last minute to do sunset pictures on Waikiki Beach. I had heels....not fun. 

• Options
    I would only consider barefoot! It's so hard walking on the sand in anything other than flip flops. Even platform flip flops would be a little unstable. If you can practice a bit first you might find something that works for you though ;)
  • Options
    Late to this thread, but I highly recommend going barefoot.  You can always add shoes later for height in photos (assuming your alterations allow for taller & shorter shoe heights).  Walking through sand is not easy, and looking taller is irrelevant when you're tripping and off balance.  Flip flops get caught in the sand, and wedges leave you open to tripping.  If you're 100% set on the idea, try walking on the beach a few times with the shoes, and then picture yourself being nervous/axious/not paying attention to walking on top of that :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards