Indiana
Options

Pokagon State Park in Angola, IN

Hello all!

I am getting married at Pokagon state park in June! I am wondering if anyone has been to a wedding there or maybe even is getting married there yourself? I have been trying to find some pictures online of weddings held there, but have not had much success. It would be great to hear some feedback if anyone has been to a wedding there! Thanks!!

Re: Pokagon State Park in Angola, IN

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at the park a few years back! It was gorgeous they held the ceremony on the back porch.  You could see the lake....awesome! The reception was in one of the ballrooms- nice too, but pretty much like any other wedding reception in a reception hall:)! The only thing that I was unsure about was that you have to pay for to get into the park, and I don't remember if the invite noted that anywhere.  I think you could probably set something up with the park that your wedding guests can get in free if you pay for them.  Otherwise, if the guests are paying, make sure to let them know that somehow beforehand or they may be surprised upon arrival!
  • Options
    alhelleralheller member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't have to pay to get into the park as long as you tell your guests to tell the guard that they're there for their wedding. Some friends got married there in May on the sundeck out back and it was really nice. The only downside was that there were lots of people there (it was Memorial Day) and so they were watching the wedding from the lawn. Not a big deal, just made it very busy. The food is great, so that'll be a nice treat for your guests. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards