Pre-wedding Parties

Co-ed Showers

I think we're going to have a co-ed shower over a bridal shower. On the invites should it just be refered to as a couples shower or co-ed shower?

Also, what types of "games" would you do at a co-ed one just because the traditionally girly ones would be a little weird

edit: We're not throwing this for ourselves, MOH wanted to know which type we prefered.

Re: Co-ed Showers

• I prefer the term couples shower. Co-Ed literally means co-educational so it comes across as sounding weird to me when use elsewhere. You don't have to do games. Most girls don't even enjoy the girly games lol.
  • I was thinking of suggesting it just being a lunch gathering at a restraunt in a party room. Just kind of a mingle type lunch. Does this sound normal?
  • My friend's bridal shower was sorta like that and it was a lot of fun. We ate, talked, open gifts... ate some more lol.
  • Co-ed = co-educational. Unless all your guests are couples - no single, divorced or widowed men and women, then couples shower seems out of place, too. I would just call it a shower.

I'm not a fan of shower games, either. Let everyone watch you open your gifts, eat and socialize.

• edited January 2012
    Maire, it's not a "couples shower" in that all the guests are in couples (any more than a bridal shower means all the guests are brides.) It's a Couple's Shower, and guests shower the couple. The fact that the groom is included means A. It's not a 'bridal' shower, and B. guests of both genders may be included. The misunderstanding of only inviting 'couples' to a couples shower may be be one of my biggest WR pet peeves. That would be so rude to exclude a friend just because they don't have a SO!
  • Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2012
    Maire, I used to think a couples shower meant only couple were invited, too. But it refers to the fiancé and fiancée as a couple. The Knot taught me this lol. Edited to deal with autocorrect.
  • I would call it a couples shower. I'm just thinking of friends in our circle--I think having it at someone's house (if they offered) would be fun, drinking, eating, and playing darts or board games, etc. That's what my friends would find fun at least.

If you held it somewhere other than a house, a bowling alley or arcade might be fun, and many times, they have side rooms for parties.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_co-ed-showers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:77d12446-27a0-4c8d-9799-d50f1e37a44fPost:ec35f5af-6c0f-49f1-a70a-0d15b6995658">Re: Co-ed Showers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maire, I used to think a couples shower meant only couple were invited, too. But it refers to the fiancé and fiancée as a couple. The Knot taught me this lol. Edited to deal with autocorrect.
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying : )

• Why not call it a "Wedding Shower" and play something like how well do you know the couple.   Print a list of about 20 questions or so about each of you or you as a couple to hand out to the guests and then while you open gifts you can answer the questions and see who knew the most about you guys.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards