Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Where to take engagement pictures?

I have seen so many awesome blogs with beautiful engagement pictures. Where did everyone have theirs taken? We are getting them done in July! :)

Re: Where to take engagement pictures?

• edited December 2011
    Personally I would go somewhere different and unique, somewhere special to you two.  You see SO many Stone Arch, sculpture gardens, etc, pics (not knocking 'em, they are great too), that I think the location should be special and unique like your relationship. We did ours on the rooftop of where hubby proposed and in a nearby park that I love.  Just a thought...
  • edited December 2011
    We took ours in Rochester at a few different places.. Downtown, the lake, historic center, and a park. 
  • pcslindsers06pcslindsers06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We love to take our dogs on walks.. it's how we de-stress everyday. So we're going to have our photographer follow us on a walk with our pups and we're going to purposely walk past our fav places in uptown/by the lakes/old buildings/etc. I'm so excited! :)
  • edited December 2011
    We took ours at Common Goods bookstore in St. Paul. We got to enjoy the Blair Arcade and hang out reading books. It was perfect. 
  • edited December 2011
    We did ours at Minnehaha Falls last fall.  I love how they turned out!  I would have really loved to have them taken on FI grandparents property, which is over 400 acres & has lots of old barns & such.  But that's a 2 hour drive away & we didn't want to pay a photographer extra to get up there!

Good luck deciding on a place, & enjoy it!  It's so much fun!  = )
  • edited December 2011
    Do them somewhere that's meaningful to you. Even your parents' backyard if it works!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We did ours in the fall at the Elm Creek Park Reserve. They came out great. We loved the bold fall colors! I think you can do them anytime of year and have them come out really well though.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We actually did ours around and in the Guthrie. The reason I chose that location was that there are a lot of different backdrops and locations there, along with our wedding and reception is up in the northern suburbs so I wanted something very "Minneapolis" for these pics. Also, our second date was eating at Cue (don't think it is open anymore) at the Guthrie.

So another consideration is maybe you want a different type location than what your wedding pics will be??
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did ours downtown Stillwater. It was a blast and we got some really great shots utilizing the downtown area and going into shops like the old time candy store, malt shop, and antique store. The storefronts also provide beautiful backdrops. I would highly suggest it!!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We also did our downtown Stillwater.  FI picked that spot because he drives through there everyday and just love all the things down by the water. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone! I was trying to think of places because I love downtown but I don't get off work til 5! So we have to do it sometime after that, so it's ginna be later at night. Which I hope is still ok!
  • edited December 2011
    That is actually one of the best times of the day to take photos anyways, due to the light. My photog (and I know others as well) schedule 2-3 hours before sunset so the light is the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards