California-San Diego

Cuvier Club - affordable venue???

Hi all,
I have officially started the planning process and am trying to book a venue but am having a hard time balancing with budget...

I am in love with the Cuvier Club but wanted to check with other brides that have had their wedding there - and brides that are looking - how much did it cost?

Our overall budget is 10,000-15,000 for ceremony/reception (including alcohol, decorations) for about 200 people.

Thanks!

Re: Cuvier Club - affordable venue???

• NahalliewoodNahalliewood member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I should also add that we are looking to have a July 2014 date, preferably Saturday but considering Friday if it's not within budget.
  • We have actually booked the Cuvier Club for our wedding later this year.  The venue is $4000, but you get a $!000 discount if you book your catering through The Abbey.  The rental also includes tables, chairs and linens.  It's not exactly inexpensive, but we felt it was appropriately priced.  Hope this helps!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_cuvier-club-affordable-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:64Discussion:b9fefc39-e7b7-4e1b-8261-1e713e1cf647Post:04b31b44-6b27-450e-991e-66ffafad6a28">Re: Cuvier Club - affordable venue???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I should also add that we are looking to have a July 2014 date, preferably Saturday but considering Friday if it's not within budget.
    Posted by Nahalliewood[/QUOTE]
  • Thanks! Although I'm reconsidering since their residential location limits event time to 10pm...
  • edited February 2013
    we scouted them out and went to meet with them. we told them our budget, which was similar. when we got the contract home the fine print added up to 26,000....i felt a little scammed. needless to say we cannot afford to sign it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards