North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Help! Ideas for Wedding Parties

I have tons of family and friends that want to throw us some type of wedding party but Im not sure what to tell them to do or what I want so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Thanks

Re: Help! Ideas for Wedding Parties

• nealzipsernealzipser member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've worked a few wedding parties and have seen some cool stuff. If they want to have it at a hall or something like that, have it on a Sunday or Friday as they can save a lot of money. All vendors pretty much discount days if it is not a Saturday. Outdoor locations are also cool as they tend to make it a little less formal. And any place that lets you bring in your own catering will help you save too.
  • dancr214dancr214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a bar shower, and people were suppose to bring gifts to stock our bar.  If you and/or your fiance are not big drinkers, you could do a kitchen shower.  One idea I have heard is that every guest gets an hour of the day and they have to get a present that you would use at that time.  Like 7 am - you might get a coffee maker.. and so on.  One of my friends had a recipe/christmas ornament shower (this is especially nice if you don't have any christmas ornaments/decoration.  Hope this helps!  It is so nice that many of your friends want to throw you a party!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks that helps! Yea its great that we have so many that want to throw us partys it just gets hard picking ideas and telling them what we want.... Thank You
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards