May 2012 Weddings
Options

What is everyone doing about their last name?

My fiance and I are both keeping our own last names, although he wishes I would take is. When we have children they will have our two last names hyphenated.
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: What is everyone doing about their last name?

• Options
    I think I'll be taking his name but keeping my maiden name as a second middle name! I like your decision as well--I feel its a good compromise! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Taking his.
    ~ Amber & Jesse ~ Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options

I don’t know what to do! Part of me doesn’t want to lose my last name. I really don’t like the sound of our names hyphenated (they’re both pretty long), and my maiden name doesn’t works as a middle name. I think I’ll just take his name because it’s what everyone expects and I don’t want to offend his family (especially his Mom!).

May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm taking his. I've hated my last name my whole life haha
  • Options
    Hyphenating :) I may take his, but right now, the decision is to hyphenate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm most likely taking his name. I grew up with a different last name than my name and it sucked. It's was very annoying.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Taking his! I can't wait :))
    May 2012: April Signature Challenge: Wedding Venue
    imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm taking his! I hate my last name anyway so it works out. Can't wait to be Mrs. Jacobs :]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Taking his. I'm pretty excited
  • Options
    I'm taking his and am very excited about it! His last name is a little more unique than mine anyway. :)
  • Options
    I am taking his last name but I am going to go by my maiden name at work.
  • Options
    I'm taking his. It is an honor to be married to an amazing man like him and it is the least I can do.

Plus- I hate hyphenated names. Rogers-Young or Young-Rogers just seems silly
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm army, so I think I'll keep my last name as far as they're concerned (too much paperwork with those guys), but taking his as far as everything else is concerned. But his name just sounds so funny with mine... Jackie Lowery? lol.

• Options
    I'm in academia, so for publishing and such, it would be annoying to change my name (you couldn't find my publications that easily), but I wonder how it would work if I kept mine professionally, but changed it otherwise. Those of you who are keeping it professionally or what not, how do you think it'll work to be one thing sometimes??
  • Options
    interesting, i hadn't thought about the initial thing! thanks!
  • Options
    Taking his!!
    Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm keeping mine, and will lobby to alternate last names for babies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards