November 2012 Weddings
Options

Wedding preparation

Soooo happy. We could finally decide on a month for our wedding and we picked November. Long story made short, we live more than 1,000 miles away and my fiancé has to be approved to come to the USA for a wedding. Tlking about a long processus!!! But it almost the end of it all.) However, I particularly feel lost when it comes to what I have to do and what I should start doing. Any advice on this matter? Where are you guys so far? We both want a formal wedding with the ceremony in a big Hall then the ceremony in a venue. Tomorrow, I plan on talking to someone to get an available date for the wedding ceremony in this specific Hall. But aside that, I know I should look around for the venue that I prefer but it is really all about the price (as we are in a tight budget) and neatness/beauty. Any advice in this matter as well as on naything else that I may need or that are available to me that I may not know? I feel like the weeding is actually gonna take place tomorrow. so overwhelmed right now. I would really appreciate it you help. Thanks in advance. 

Re: Wedding preparation

• Options
    I would get all your vendors lined up asap!

With only 3 months, you might have a hard time find people open.

Also, I would look for a dress asap and possibly think outside the box, b/c it might be hard to get something in time. But you might get a great deal on a sample or something!

Good luck
  • Options
    Hi - there is a south florida board on here too, so check it out. Perhaps people on your local board will have advice regarding venues in your local area.

I agree with what Amy said in her post- start looking for a dress. Also if photography is important to you I would make that the first vendor to look for after venue, unless your venue is not providing the food - then a caterer would be most important after venue, in my opinion.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

November is the PERFECT month for a wedding ;)  Since it's so soon til your wedding, I think you should definitely adopt the mantra "less is more".  Not in the sense of a basic wedding with no personal touches, but rather less hooplah and craziness and more personal and home made stuff.  I think it will add a touch of your two in it without seeming overdone...you should definitely incorporate some of where he's from into the wedding as well!  Maybe you can ask family to bake the cake, make the food, or even help decorate!

How big, or small, is your wedding?  Also, what are your colors, theme, etc?

I agree with PPs about finding a dress asap...try places like Dillard, Macys, and even prom dress stores...they will usually have something that looks like a wedding dress but isnt priced as such, and you can take it home same day

Anniversary
  • Options
    Prioritize:
    Find the venue
    Buy a dress
    Formalize the menu
    Then sort everythign else that you want into small do it lists.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I agree with previous poster,
    -Venues (because styel of dress can be affected by venue)
    -Dresses
    -Invites
    -Everything else

I highly recommend the checklist available on this website. It has really helped me to make sure I haven't missed anything major and kept me right on track & I've been able to look ahead & plan for things that need to be done in future.
  • Options
    First, congrats!  Just remember that this is a happy occassion.  Don't allow the stress take the joy out of it.  Book the things that you need, not only that you want.  Book the things that need booking - venue, photos, flowers, music.  Your dress , Davids Bridal, Dillards, Miami wedding stores always have off the rack dresses, as a wedding destination town they are use to last minute bride shopping.  You'll be fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards