Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Any romantic beachfront hotels in Honolulu?

I feel like so many of these hotels are boasting to be "kid friendly," which I'm really not interested in for my honeymoon! Also, a lot of them aren't even beach front, but across the street... I'm not really into the crowded, high rise, kids running around hotels, cars packed in the street kind of deal, but more of a laying on the hammock, quiet, walk out to the beach in the morning kind of deal. Any places like this in Honolulu? Or anywhere else in Hawaii?
158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Any romantic beachfront hotels in Honolulu?

• Options
    I have lots of thoughts on this and hope I can help.

I have been to Oahu and Maui.

I have had amazing times on Oahu and it is one of our favorite places to go. It has a lot of romantic memories for us. That said, what you are describing sounds more like you will find on Maui. 

Now on Oahu on the other side of the island you could stay at the Turtle Bay resort and it will be what you are looking for. The Waikiki area is more crowded with more of a streetscape around you, but there are still some great hotels on the beach (The Moana Surfrider or the Hyatt would be good choices).

On Maui there are numerous hotels along the beach in Kaanapali and Wailea and these are resort areas where you can't go wrong. Hammock and poolside service.

I have never had a bad time in Hawaii so you can't go wrong, but for what you are describing I would go with Maui if you don't mind spending a little more.

• Options
    I live in Honolulu and I recommend renting a house/condo on the North Shore. You'll get away from the high rises &  tourists and have peace & quiet. Plus the sunsets are spectacular! A good place to look is www.vrbo.com zip code 96712. We have a bunch of guests coming for our wedding next month and they found some nice, affordable places through that site.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just got back from a wonderful trip to the Westin Maui Resort and Spa on Kaanapali. I would definitely recommend!
  • Options
    If you want a place that's not a crowded high-rise with lots of families, Waikiki is not for you.  I'd try either the North Shore of Oahu (Turtle Bay is nice, or rent a house), or a different island all together.

My personal favorite is the Big Island, but Maui and Kauai are really nice as well.  It really depends on what type of stuff you want to do while you're there.  Each island has something a little different to offer, as well as each area on each island (ie North shore is a lot different than Waikiki).

Regardless though, PP is right, I've never had a bad time in Hawaii, you will have a blast no matter where you go or stay.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ahhh thank you all so much!! It helped a lot!! I agree, I find it hard to believe there's anywhere in Hawaii that's a bad time but I just want that "perfect" location lol this will help my search a lot :)
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards