Colorado

Less expensive photographer

Hi all,

I'm looking for a photographer who works with brides and grooms on a more modest budget.  Am getting married in Estes Park so it would need to be someone near there or willing to travel.

I have $900 budgeted for photography - I want someone who will photograph the ceremony, a few posed family photos afterwards and a small bit of the reception.   It's a small wedding and we just want the basics, not a lot of 'arty' shots....I can make my own albums afterwards so we don't need that service. 

Most photographers I see advertised start at about $2000 and go up from there...we just don't have the money for that.  Looking for a professional who is willing to work fewer hours and just give us some nice basic photos of our wedding.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!

Re: Less expensive photographer

• edited December 2011
    enochphotography.com
    This is my photographer.  The package I purchase is not quite in the $900 budget but pretty close and I am pretty sure he would be willing to work with you.  Hope this helps :)
  • edited December 2011
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • samantha bucksamantha buck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    artist i photography
    cheryl
  • willuamazemewilluamazeme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

All yours vpp. Her name is Allie and you will love her! She even has a $100 pkg!

clocktower bride
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance is a wedding photographer.  His packages start at $800, disc of images always included.  I, of course, think he's great :)  Contact him at chasehoffman.com.  Good luck in your search!
  • ashleymarie49ashleymarie49 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bornmadd.com

Great group of guys, Let me know if you use them!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having the same problem, but my wedding is at Copper Mountain.  The cheapest I've found so far is $2,000. 
  • coolroxygal86coolroxygal86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look on modelmayhem.com and search for photographers.  Look at their portfolio and see if you like their style first before contacting them.
  • edited December 2011
    Trent Gillespie is good. www.gillphotos.com/" title="http://www.gillphotos.com/">www.gillphotos.com and is very reasonably priced. I also saw how expensive photographers are. Trent does the whole day for about a grand.
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.affordablefreelancephotography.com/

Katherine Bicket - she's amazing.  Her packages are very reasonable.  She travels but there is a travel charge depending on the distance.  I love her work and she was so wonderful in person.  We hired her for two hours.  She'll shoot the wedding (20 min long), whatever family shots we want and then will do the reception with whatever time is left.  I stayed under $500 with her and we are getting a disc of all of our photos too.  I figured I could do my own album as well. 

She also put together a register for us that people can use to purchase an album from her or individual portraits.   They can also contribute money towards an album for us. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards