Illinois-Chicago

XP: Shower Hostess Gifts

Hey girls,

I also posted something similar on Pre-Wedding Parties.

Are you getting your shower hostesses gifts? Or just sending thank you's?

I'm asking because FMIL's friends are throwing me a shower and I don't know them very well.  Just looking for suggestions, and wondering what you all did?!

TIA!!!
image **Married 7/9/11**

Re: XP: Shower Hostess Gifts

• edited December 2011
    My aunts are throwing my shower and are big wino's, so ive been looking into some nice wine baskets for them to bring as a thank you!
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp--I got my BM's each a bottle of wine and a nice TY note. My other shower is being thrown by FMIL/FI's grandma/aunts and I"m buying them flowers/plants.
  • edited December 2011
    I gave my shower hostesses (moms and bridesmaids) "shower" themed gifts: robes and CO Bigelow bath products.  The card said, "Hope your next shower is as nice as mine was." They were a hit and the BM's all wore their robes the morning of the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_xp-shower-hostess-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:3ff8f9f6-7405-4aba-952d-e54d2a4f3762Post:f3c631aa-2ece-49ef-8426-2f0004e0a02f">Re: XP: Shower Hostess Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I gave my shower hostesses (moms and bridesmaids) "shower" themed gifts: robes and CO Bigelow bath products.  The card said, "Hope your next shower is as nice as mine was." They were a hit and the BM's all wore their robes the morning of the wedding.
    Posted by seventiespop[/QUOTE]

Now THAT is cool!!!  What a great idea! :)
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I did something similar to seventies.

My shower was hosted by BMs and their moms.

For the mom's I gave them shower gel, travel shampoo and cond and a loofah with a similar note.

For my BM's I gave them each a cute umbrella with a note along the lines of: "I hope you don't get caught in any rain showers, but if you do, hopefully with this umbrella it will be as pleasant as my bridal shower was".  Not exactly, what I said, but I honestly can't remember.
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did the same kind of thing...I went and got each hostess a Philosophy body wash (new scents: Orchid and Lavender) and we gave them a bouquet of flowers. Both were a big hit.
    On the card I wrote "Thank you for showering us with love"
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love all the ideas.  I will have to purchase gifts for about 5 or 6 women for my shower in October, so I will save these for later.  I know my FSIL gave the hostesses for her shower monogrammed notecards and those went over well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I did something similar too...I got them all monogrammed umbrellas with a cute umbrella note card from the Paper Source that said I hope your next shower is as good as ours was! Love the shower gel and robe idea too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • cressett7cressett7 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My mom & 6 bridesmaids are hosting the shower.  The theme is coffee (because I am a big coffee drinker) and it's a brunch.  I bought each BM a Tervis hot/cold cup from BB&B....
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=121143&RN=680&

and filled it with some chocolates and a $10 starbucks card.
  • edited December 2011

I'm just having trouble because I don't know FMIL friends very well.  I'm totally struggling.  Thanks for the suggestions ladies!!

image **Married 7/9/11**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards