Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Need Ideas PLEASE HELP!!!

My fiance and I just found out we are having a baby last week! Our wedding is less than 2 weeks away and I need a great idea to let everyone know.. so ideas are much appreciated. We want to suprise everyone by letting them know we are having a baby by a cake topper but we cant seem to think of any unique ideas that we could do get together with the wedding being less than 2 weeks.. we googled pregnant bride cake toppers but didnt really fall in love with the few options offered. I also found a lady that can make cake toppers but she request 3 weeks plus shipping so we dont have long enough to order that either...PLEASE help with any ideas. Thanks Girls!

Re: Need Ideas PLEASE HELP!!!

• Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have the caterer roll out a sheet cake saying Congratulations on the New Baby when the DJ announces the cake cutting song.  After you announce that you are expecting...bring out the original wedding cake. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!

Try Amazon--you can get expedited shipping and get it in a day or two.  
    I think that stork one could be cute to add on to a bride and groom cake topper.  

Are you sure you want to announce at your wedding?  Keep in mind that many couples choose to wait until the first trimester is over (not sure how far along you are) to make a big announcement.  I also think that announcing via a special toast would be a big surprise and a nice way to do it, if you couldn't find a cake topper and were certain about doing it at the wedding. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_need-ideas-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:23432ee4-686d-48f9-9523-0b262bfa6c2fPost:b919b6a6-8a2a-4a3f-a3b5-b6ceab926a1f">Re: Need Ideas PLEASE HELP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations! Try Amazon--you can get expedited shipping and get it in a day or two.   Example:  <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Special-Delivery-Stork-Cake-Topper/dp/B000YBUBTA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1313406731&sr=8-4" rel="nofollow">http://www.amazon.com/Special-Delivery-Stork-Cake-Topper/dp/B000YBUBTA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1313406731&sr=8-4</a> I think that stork one could be cute to add on to a bride and groom cake topper.   <strong>Are you sure you want to announce at your wedding?  Keep in mind that many couples choose to wait until the first trimester is over (not sure how far along you are) to make a big announcement.  I also think that announcing via a special toast would be a big surprise and a nice way to do it,</strong> if you couldn't find a cake topper and were certain about doing it at the wedding. 
    Posted by jessicabessica[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I was thinking.  If you do choose to announce it at the wedding, I think a nice toast would be a more appropriate and special way to do so than a cake topper.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine waited until she had the printout from her first ultrasound... then she pasted it in a construction paper/hand-made card and gave it to her parents.  The front of the card said "Look what we made!" and the inside was the pic.  SOO CUTE!  Not sure how you could do that in the wedding but it was the most unique way I've seen it done :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congratulations!

personally i wouldn't announce it at the wedding for a variety of reasons.  mainly, you and FI will have a shorter time than many to just be a married couple, and if i were you i would want to use up every possible second to focus on and celebrate my marriage before my whole world starts revolving around the baby!  but that's just me.  sorry, i know that's not what you asked, but i'd be worried about sharing the news so soon, unless you're showing already.
  • Options
    rascal17rascal17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally would wait until you are 12-13 weeks before you tell anyone other then your close family (parents, siblings etc...). 1 in 5 miscarry before then and if you are one of those unlucky few your going to have to explain to everyone when they ask how you and baby are doing. 

If you do go through with it then make sure you let the very important people know before you big surprise.

Also I agree with the PP and just let your wedding be your wedding and wait to announce afterwards. Because once you announce it it will no longer be about you and hubby it will be all about baby.
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I wouldn't announce it.  As others have stated, mis-carriage is very common early in pregnancies.  To associate the announcement with a huge life event (marriage), could really be a difficult thing to look back on.  Also are you sure everyone would respond well to the announcement, particularly elderly people or very religious people?  Our families aren't stupid but I'm pretty sure we would have some guests that were less than thrilled about us pointing out that we have had sex before marriage at our wedding.  Just something to think about.

If you do decide to announce it, during the reception, I think during a toast would be a great time.  Otherwise, you could include something in the thank you notes after the wedding instead. 

I don't mean to sound harsh with the advice, just some things you will really want to think about.  Congratulations on your wedding and baby, it really is exciting news!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for all the advice girls but yes i am def letting my family know at the wedding.. my family has been dying for a baby and they would all be excited they have minchined it to us numerous times... my mind is set on the wedding and we have been together long enough the wedding wont change much so were excited to celebrate a new edition to our family.. thanks for all the care and concerns though
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This would be so cute if you used this song for the cake cutting along with the cake topper!! It doesnt say you are having a baby but its a cute song and it has the word baby and I love the idea! Have fun!! and Congratulations!!!
    Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards