September 2013 Weddings
Options

FFFC

Yippee, Friday is finally here! Time to spill those vents & confessions you've been hanging on to all week... Get them out, and then have a fabulous weekend!
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FFFC

• Options
    Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    I'm trying to annoy my boss enough for her to let me leave early.  Its quiet here and I want to go to the Cape!  If I outright ask to leave early she will deduct from my PTO but if she sends me home I get to save my PTO but get paid anyways!  Yes I am trying to screw the system on my behalf and I am OK with it.

And I think my scale is broken at home.  I weighed myself 4 times and got 4 different readings all within 10 lbs.  You know what just for this weekend I am going to take the lowest number.  I'll buy a new scale Monday.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My job is a little more relaxed, so I just kind of get up and leave when I'm ready.  It's not that way for everyone here, but I have a little clout no shame in using it to my advantage.

That said, I'll be leaing at 1.  I need to get my eyebrows in order for the weekend plus a million other things, so I need all the out of office time I can get!

I also want to punch FSIL for missing my delivery yesterday :/
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I swear to you...this week has been out to get me.

-Been so short staffed that I haven't even eaten lunch ALL week.

-Locked myself out of the house and in the garage Wednesday...followed by construction to make me even LATER to work.

-Yesterday I just completely forgot that I was supposed to go to my grandmas after work and she had baked me a cake because she thought I was coming :(

-Today, I left the house (it's POURING here, mind you) and forogt to close the sliding glass door.  It is on the second floor so I'm not worried about intruders, but about rain

-And to top it ALL off, meeting FI after work for dinner/drinks with friends and spilled coffee on my shirt on the way here to work.  And not just a little...

RAWR!!!!!

On a good note...we got our florist contract and I am so thrilled she is going to be more affordable than some others I had met with!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_fffc-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:003511dd-f311-46c9-95ae-bd33786acec9Post:34fa7293-1465-4535-8b3e-141d82e24683">Re: FFFC</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm trying to annoy my boss enough for her to let me leave early.  Its quiet here and I want to go to the Cape!  If I outright ask to leave early she will deduct from my PTO but if she sends me home I get to save my PTO but get paid anyways!  Yes I am trying to screw the system on my behalf and I am OK with it. And I think my scale is broken at home.  I weighed myself 4 times and got 4 different readings all within 10 lbs.  You know what just for this weekend I am going to take the lowest number.  I'll buy a new scale Monday.  :)
    Posted by Jlp818[/QUOTE]

HA!  That sounds like a good plan on all accounts!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh and hows this for a confession...and our ComEd bill was 226.00 this month.  I blame this soley on FI who insists the central AC stays on 68 or 70. Little does he know,  I have it set to crank up to 78 when we are sleeping now so it doesn't run ALL night. 

EFF YOU INSANELY HOT CHICAGO SUMMER!!!

• Options
    I seriously almost got up and walked out the door at work yesterday. I've been looking for a new job, and had a meeting with my recruiter on my lunch hour on Wednesday, and am meeting with another recruiter on Monday, and I'm just trying so hard to stick it out here until something else comes up...but they are really making it hard! I can take a lot of shiet, but condescending assholes is just not something I can put up with. Agh! And I have to go put on a good show and pretend to be sociable with everybody at the Cubs game this afternoon. Sorry, vent over!

Oh, and we still haven't heard confirmation on our new apartment which we're supposed to be moving into in FIVE days because my present landlord is being a curmudgeonly old bastard, so I'm hesitant to start packing because we don't know when/if we're moving!

Jlp, have fun at the Cape!
    Ellie, maybe your shirt mishap is a good excuse to go shopping...? There is that new Target downtown!

Have a good weekend, everyone! Taking FI on a mystery trip tomorrow and then packing/knitting/relaxing on Sunday!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Please no one take this the wrong way....

I think it is so funny how worked up brides get.  Trust me I was the same way for my first wedding and am somewhat this time.  The amount of money that is spent kills me!  I lost my first husband after being married only 4 short months.  (together 3 yrs) but trust me at the end of the day all that matter is that you and your SO are happy and in luv.  Save that money for something like a down payment on a house or a new car.  Take a trip.  My last wedding I spent about $10,000 and it turned out awesome!  This time I hope to get away with a wedding for $5,000 to $8,000 but trust me dont sweat the same things ladies!   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mandi, I agree.  This is my first wedding, but really, it's just one day.  We already own our cars and a house, but I like to shop (just ask my delivery men, who are at my house several times a week and know me by name!!).  I'll make sure everyone has a blast, but for as little as possible.

Disclaimer:  To each their own and I make ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGMENT on someone who wants or needs to spend a good chunk of change - it's not my $$ so it doesn't bother me. I just personally don't plan to spend everything I have lol.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    THIS WORKDAY IS NEVER GOING TO END!!!!  I'm the only one left in the office and it's so quiet in here you could hear a mouse.  I'm sooooo ready to go home it's insane. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    So it has been officially 1 week since I quit that piece of **** job.  There have been times when I'll have a panic attack but then I come back down to reality.  I'm marrying the man I love soon, I have people that love and support me, and I have some really good job opportunities.   

Also, since I've had all this extra time I've been able to hit up the gym more and hang out with the fam.  That's always good.  So I'm gonna keep it moving, onwards and upwards! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I judge a friend who's bachelor party went from a one night event to a three night camping trip 2.5 hours away. Did I mention it's next weekend and they just made this announcement yesterday? FI is super disappointed because he will not be going now. They also only have space for X amount of people so it's first come first serve and $100/each. In my opinion, people ask way too much of their families and friends when it comes to weddings.

I wanted to throw a book at a woman who came in five minutes before we closed and wanted us to wait around so that her kids could each pick out books/DVDs. I don't get paid when I stay later than I'm scheduled. I'm not working for free. Sorry. I will never understand people who rush in last minute. I wish I could return the favor.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_fffc-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:003511dd-f311-46c9-95ae-bd33786acec9Post:d413edae-eff0-49ea-9ae3-de3726b37975">FFFC</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yippee, Friday is finally here! Time to spill those vents & confessions you've been hanging on to all week... Get them out, and then have a fabulous weekend!
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

a vent and a TMI all in one -
    Just got back from the beach - had gone down last friday - came home monday night (my son statyed down the shore with my parents )  i was supposed to work on tuesday - ended up calling out because i am pretty sure i had sun poisoning - well then i decided since after driving over 3 hours home that after tuesday i wasn't schedule for work again until saturday - so i drove to FI hour - hour and a half away - stayed there tuesday night and drove back to the beach on wednesday morning - drove home again today with my son ( who was supposed to be staying until sunday but decided he was all beached out )

anyways vent 1 - you know i am going to the beach and you schedule me 1 day and then not again for 4 days after that - UGH

vent 2 - I reapplied suntan lotion every 45 mins - SPF 50 - still got burnt to a crisp - and am now peeling and a mess - had to call out tuesday because bra straps could not even brush against my shoulders without wincing in pain --- i did what i was supposed to do with suntan lotion - good thing i didn't wait more than an hour to re-apply

3... my parents scheduled everything - thought i was getting to the beach wednesday and going early evening to relax on the beach - nope - folks made dinner reservations

and now to the TMI - on monday - before we left the beach FI and I were in out bed - and getting frisky - son thought we were asleep i am assuming because he walked right into the room - caught us right in the middle of some obvious fun - he had knocked any time he walked into the room leading up to this - needless to say my mood was killed - and we didn't pick back up again ...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards