Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Ephrata Cloister, Boehm's Chapel, and Lancaster, oh my!

We're FINALLY trying to solidify a ceremony spot. Our reception is at the Eden Resort in Lancaster in July. 

One of the places we're looking at is Boehm's Chapel in Lilitz. Does anyone have any experience with this place? 

We're also looking at the Ephrata Cloister. Do you think that this is too far, to have a ceremony in Ephrata and a reception in Lancaster? How long does it take to get between the two?  (I'm not familiar with central pa) Anyone have any experiences with this venue? 

Thank you in advance!

This board has been a bit quiet lately....we gotta get it lively! 

Re: Ephrata Cloister, Boehm's Chapel, and Lancaster, oh my!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married at the Cloister in October & loved it. You can check out my vendor reviews in my bio. I don't think the drive would be that bad, it would be right down 272. Depending on traffic, I'd say 15 minutes. My only caution would be the time of day of your ceremony. The outdoor amphitheater is available any time of day, but the chapel (since it's part of their tour) is only available after 5pm.

Also, the only Boehm's Chapel I know of is in Willow Street. Is that the one you're talking about?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    caracbearacaracbeara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the information! Yes, the Willow Street chapel is the one that I meant. Our reception begins at 5 so it would have to be an outdoor wedding if we went with the cloister...unless it rained.....hmmmm....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think either location is too much of a drive.  I've been inside Boehm's Chapel and think it's a nice spot, though I've never seen a wedding there.  You would have to secure a back-up location if you went with Ephrata cloister.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married in Ephrata, got my pictures taken at the Cloister (beautiful!) and had my recpetion in Lancaster at Willow Valley Resort.  It took us about 30-40 minutes to get from Ephrata to Willow Street becuase of the traffic through Lancaster, so allow plenty of time!  Also the Cloister recommends a $50.00 "donation" but its basically manditory, make sure you take care of that ahead of time or you may have some angry staff members handing you a bill before you leave....this is what happened to me.
  • Options
    MakeupbyTrishMakeupbyTrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The drive between Eprhata and Lancaster is not bad at all, I do it every single day. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It may only be $50 to do pictures at the Cloister, but it's $600 to have your ceremony there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards