Washington-Seattle

Mixing tradition with Progressive Seattle

Ok, so the other post ties into this a little.  I am mixing tradition with my progressive Seattle-ite guests.  My personal life is "square" but my professional life is not so much.  Does anyone have tips on how to pull off a bouquet toss/garter toss without making it gender-specific?   - I'll make a poll....

Re: Mixing tradition with Progressive Seattle

• mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would wrap the garter around the stem/base of the bouquet and chuck it towards the single crowd (male and female).  Maybe have the DJ ask for ALL the singles to come to the dance floor, or something, and then the DJ can call it the Bouquet/Garter toss, or whatever.

This is a neat idea, but I've looked forward to the girls only bouquet toss since I was a little girl.  So we'll be keeping it traditional on our day :)
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • meganhardanmeganhardan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted for traditiona--just because I'm traditional and have envisioned doing both.  However, I really like mgoss' idea of wrapping the garter around the bouquet!
  • edited December 2011
    Are you maybe referring to trans people?.......your question about not speaking gender makes me think of this.....

I might say, all those who wish to particpate in the bouquet toss........all those who wish to participate in the garter toss.......
    `
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    So, this is kinda related ... I went to a lesbian wedding a couple years ago in CA ... their "tag line" on the place cards was "twice the chance to catch the bouquet".  Cool  They had two bouquet tosses, open to all singles, male or female!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    @ kinmir - yes, transgender including poly or bi-gender, non-gender, and third-gender.  I like the idea of announcing it as "anyone who would like to participate".  I've kind of never liked the "single" aspect of it either.  Maybe we'll just open it to everyone single, partnered, straight, GLBT.  One big happy party.

@geminijen, I think that tag line is awesome. :-)

Alright, thanks everyone for your help and ...the open discussion.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards