Hawaii
Options

Wedding Announcement Wording

Hello ladies!

I need some help.  I am getting our wedding announcements ready to send out and I don't know what to write on them.  They will be going to both people who attended our wedding and those who couldn't attend.  We are leaving a space to write a hand written 'thank you' to everyone who came but will just send them out as-is to the folks who couldn't make it.  So I need wording for a pretty general announcement.  I can only come up with like 2 sentences and I'm not sure what to say without alienating people who weren't able to come.  Help!

Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary

Re: Wedding Announcement Wording

• Options
    kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just looked at my wording to see if it would help you, but we combined our announcements with our at home reception invitations, so I don't think that will work for you.

I do know that they should include your names, the date of the wedding and location of the wedding.

It could simply be

Just Married with your names, wedding date and the location. Then have a picture or two of you.

Or

Your names announce their marriage on date of wedding in the place it happened.

It doesn't have to say anything more than that you were married and when and where it happened.  Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours was pretty formal--like the invites.  We also attached our monogram at the top.  This reminds me, I should try to find an extra and take a picture of it.  

"My dad & my mom
    have the pleasure of announcing
    the marriage of their daughter

Me
    to 
    Husband

Date, spelled out
    Info about current address 
    remaining the same, 
    and me keeping my last name

For pictures and video visit
    Our announcement site"

You could also include a Hawaiian verse and translation, or maybe part of your vows at the top.  I remember finding some really cute poems, etc...like

The new beginning of a love-filled life,
    On the island of Maui we became husband and wife

• Options
    edited December 2011

Because we are keeping our wedding guest list small, we will be sending announcements to people who were not invited to the wedding.  We will be having a reception back home, which many people who did not get invited to the weding will be invited to.  We also want to include the invite to the at home reception in announcment, Kimicupcakes--can you share your wording please?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards