Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

*aegrish*

@aegrish: Honestly, you don't need to be jealous! It can be pretty boring here and after so long you get sick of the same ol' hang out spots! Nowhere to shop...no walmart....nothing..sometimes it makes me so frustrated...you know what its like to really want a cute new top for a Friday night i'm sure!  We have to get off the island every so often to restore sanity and get back to the real world. LOL Of course, the weather and beaches can't be beat! Aren't you in south FL? Best of both worlds there!! Oh and I know about the reception situation but we don't even know if we'll have anyone coming...10 if we're lucky! (unfortunate but oh well)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: *aegrish*

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ugh I am still Jealous NOTHING beats the beaches in the bahamas.  Paradise beach is the best beach I have ever been too, although I've always wanted to go to Grand Bahama.  Having a Wal-Mart would kill me because I love getting my groceries there!  We live 7 minutes from one.  I visit South Florida a lot but actually don't live there.  It suits my personality and lifestyle a lot better than my actual city does (Kansas City). 

Honestly, I would book SOMETHING that holds maybel 12-24 people, and you can always adjust accordingly.  If you're #1 or #2 restaurant is open right now BOOK IT and you can always change or cancel the reservation.  That's what I did just so I know I had a place that we liked and was within our budget, but I ended up changing reception places twice.  I am still glad we always had something reserved though.

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and I would be HAPPY to have a smaller group come instead of the "larger" DW that we're having!  You can pretty much do whatever you want with a smaller group.  It's much more difficult and expensive with a larger one.
  • Options
    davidsbride21davidsbride21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree a small group is good.  We are not doing a DJ or speeches although I have to figure out how to have a first dance with FI. hehe.
     We are most likely going to have a party in England when we go again as well so that'll fun with his family and friends.
    Grand Bahama beaches are beautiful...there is less here than Nassau though.  This place hasn't rebuilt its economy since some damaging hurricanes a few years back which is sad.  They make it difficult for anyone to bring business here.  Sad really because there is so much potential!  Also, we always have issues with customer service.  When we leave and go to the US, Canada or England we enjoy getting treated/served properly at restaurants, stores, etc!  It's mostly because they put an automatic 15% gratuity on the bill so they can get away with being horrible. Not cool. 
    I've never been to Kansas City but would love to surprise FI with tickets to a soccer game in July.  His home team from England are playing there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah Nassau seems pretty Americanized.  I thought about getting married at the Atlantis but weddings start at 10 grand there for anything over 10 people!  No reception either!  It was just not affordable unless we were eloping, which was disappointing.  That was my dream DW initially though.  Then I checked the RIU and it seemed like a dump compared to the Atlantis, although they recently renovated.  And it was still overpriced but not as much as the Atlantis. 

One option to have your first dance is to have an IPOD set up or have Travis Allen (young elvis impersonator) come, which is fine as long as your in a semi-private or private room, or an in-suite reception.  Travis Allen is $250 and sings 3-4 songs and takes photos with guests, most restaurants will set up the IPOD dock and speakers for under $200.  We are still having a Travis Allen come even though we're having a DJ, but when we didn't plan on having a DJ he was our first option.
  • Options
    davidsbride21davidsbride21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah. Atlantis is ridiculously expensive just to stay there and eat there...that is ALOT of money 10 grand for a wedding. Wow.  Everything seems to be overpriced on these islands.  And you don't necessarily get what you pay for either....definately not the service as I have said before although Nassau maybe a little different.  That was why we decided to go somewhere else.  Vegas has everything and anything.
    I will probably use the ipod.  Ronan Keating's  "This I promise you" is our song choice...such a nice song :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think IPOD docks are a great way to save money and have great music!  the service at the Atlantis was horrible when we were there.  Breakfast was $30 PP, NOT buffet, and the service was slow as molasses!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards