Florida-West Coast

How early is too early?

Hey y'all,

My mother and I are debating about the best time to send out Save the dates. The wedding is Memorial Day weekend 2012 I'd like to send them out in August 2011, which is 10 months prior. Since our guest will all be traveling in , I want to give them ample time to request vacation days and find travel deals. My mom says this is too early.

Thoughts?
577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary

Re: How early is too early?

• edited December 2011
    Since it's Memorial Day weekend, I don't think any time is too early! A lot of people plan long vacations on Memorial and Labor Day weekends, so I would send them early just so people are aware of your big day. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! Finally a 2012 bride!!! :)

I am getting married in March 2012 and we are sending out our Save The Dates to the out of towners in March 2011...

But we will send out the Save The Dates to in town guests in June 2011.

I am not sure of "correct" timing but we have built our ENTIRE wedding around the out of town people so we want to give them PLENTY of time and no room for excuses..lol.  Haif of our guest list is out of town and it is my FI's side...and they are already worried about the cost of traveling soooo we figured a WHOLE year would be enough time to save for a nice Florida vacation after a cold winter in Ohio...

So I hope this helps...and if I am totally incorrect and this is way too ahead of time...someone please let me know! :)

Thanks! Good Luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    just don't send them out so early that you might change the date. so i wouldnt do it until you have your venue booked.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    2012 in the house! lol, I wanted to do a year earlier as well but she talked me down by 2 months
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Christinab22Christinab22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the pp about making sure that you have a venue booked first. You might find a place that you fall in love with but already has your date booked in which case you might consider changing your date. I would just make sure you have the venue for the ceremony and reception booked first.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I am a total control freak and have everything booked :) My parents and FI might hurt me by 2012!! lol

Thanks for the advice!! YAY 2012!!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    The earlier, the better!  Giving your guests as much advance notice as possible is a wonderful courtesy.  I'm sure they'll thank you for it, especially because you're getting married over a holiday weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards