March 2012 Weddings

Re: What came first....

• I did absolutely zero wedding planning until we got engaged! We had certainly talked about getting married, but he was in grad school so it was kind of crazy for awhile. :-)
  • edited February 2012
    We've been engaged since December 2010... we had a date in mind before we ever looked at venues, and our date was available at every one we looked at.  I was actually the first 2012 booking at my venue when we reserved it last year.
  • Well not technically venue.  We knew we'd get married in Vegas, before we set the date.  But we set the date and then figured out where exactly in Vegas we wanted to get married - which is harder than it sounds.  TOO many options!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The date! It was all systematic how we chose it :) He proposed the black friday before last and I knew I wanted it to be around our anniversery (March 18th), but we also knew we didn't want to have St. Patricks Day wedding and I wanted to have my spring break land on our honeymoon. The date was perfect for us.

When we first booked our hall (December of 2010), our date was already taken. I was crushed. While looking for another venue, I got a call back saying our date opened up. So very shortly after we picked the date, we chose our venue. :)
  • Not actually the venue, but the photographer. I knew I wanted to get married at my parents' home, but they live in a small town with only one good photographer (who is EXCELLENT). As soon as we got engaged, I asked her what her availability was for summer/autumn. February was booked out, as were the first 3 weekend of March so we went for March 24. 
  • FI was pretty set on our venue from before we even got engaged. I was pretty set on March, and the only Saturday they had left was the 24th. VOILA! 3-24-12.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• We had a location in mind that gave us several date options (they ended up being too expensive) She gave me this list of weekends that something was going on in New Orleans which was almost EVERY weekend. We picked March 3rd (after Mardi Gras and a week before the NCAA Final 4) and then found the venue we ultimately went for.
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • Definitely the venue.  We wanted to get married (well, *I*) in April or May.  We had looked at a few places and liked some ok, though some didn't have any of our preferred dates.  We went to where we're having it and just fell in LOVE. 

And then they told us the dates available.  March 24, April 7, or September 29, for an evening wedding, which we preferred.  April 7 is Easter weekend and I thought there may be issues with that (turned out I was right, we wouldn't have been able to get married in our church), September 29 was 5 months later than we planned and it's also my father's birthday (he died in 2010).  I think I actually would have been ok with it, but one look at my mom's face and there was NO way we could get married that day.

March 24th it was!  Although there was some drama, when I called back a couple days later to book someone else had beaten us to it.  Wah!  But the day we were looking at another place, the place we loved called back and said that the one that booked changed their mind and went with an afternoon wedding instead!  Yay!!!

And it does fit - it's during the Cherry Blossom festival, cherry blossoms are the theme of our wedding - one of our first dates was going to the festival and spending the entire day together there.  We first started dating in March, got engaged in March.

The only thing I wish I could change is that the weather won't be that great when we're on our honeymoon.  If we were going in May or June we'd have gone to Greece and spent some time on a beach, but definitely not good enough weather for that at the end of March!  It will probably be cold and rainy in Paris and London but I'm ok with that.  I can't wait for the honeymoon.
  • FI knew I wanted St. Patty's day before the ring went on my finger.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well the date that we have was set in stone by the venue, though it was the one I really wanted to start with. So really our kind of came about at the same time.
    imageAnniversary
  • Definitely the venue. We knew we wanted either a late February/March wedding or early June wedding because I'm a teacher and we needed time off right after the wedding for the HM. Feb/March gives us spring break and June, the summer obviously. JP quickly decided June would be too hot in Arizona. We knew the venue we wanted and there were only a couple dates available throughout the entire spring. Saturdays weren't available. We picked one of the few open dates - Friday, March 2, which is a week before my spring break. Perfect! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ours was definetly the date. And we had been dreaming that up before we even got officially engaged. But FI's birthday is Sept 3, mine is July 3, and now we're going to be married March 3!! It was sooo perfect. So we specificially looked for venues to fit our date.
  • Our venue came first. We actually thought we wanted to get married in October but I saw photos of our venue outside in the spring and loved it. The more I thought about it, I didn't want to wait untli the fall so I totally shocked FI by saying I wanted to do it March 30. I'm so glad I did, though!!
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our date was first... my grandparents thought they were going to florida and my grandma wanted to be back by a certain time so really my grandma and I set the date... the funny thing is they didn't go to florida this year... but other family members did and they said that our date gave them just enough time to be there and come back! 
  • I liked the venue, and March 31 was their only available date on a Saturday before the summer.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    ? BFP #1 "SPECK" - 11/7/2012 ? M/C - 12/8/2012 @ 7W6D ?
    ? BFP #2 "SPAWNER" - 3/2/2013 ? EDD: 11/13/13 ?
    BFP CHART
  • The venue was picked first, but it's my church in my small hometown, so we knew that we probably would have no problem getting whatever date we wanted.  We decided on March because I didn't want to get married in the summer or late spring (summers in Texas are miserable, and it starts around April!) and he didn't want to get married in the fall or early winter, because of his work.

And then, I really wanted March 3, but I work in politics and our primaries were set for March 6, and we figured it would be better to have it after that.  Now, the Texas primaries have been pushed back to April, ugh!  But I quickly fell in love with March 10, so it's all good!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_what-came-first?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:61a90668-e5ce-4c69-81d2-7db68356c5b4Post:43139820-622c-4ee0-9399-8ce210f6a5e1">Re: What came first....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ours was definetly the date. And we had been dreaming that up before we even got officially engaged. But FI's birthday is Sept 3, mine is July 3, and now we're going to be married March 3!! It was sooo perfect. So we specificially looked for venues to fit our date.
    Posted by w+c3[/QUOTE]

My bday is Sep 3rd too!! :)

We knew we wanted a spring wedding, preferably April because there is already too much going on in May in our families and I didn't want to get married in a hot month. No Saturdays in April were available at the venue we really liked but march 31st felt close enough! Plus it'll be 6 years dating on April 1 so it seemed right!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_what-came-first?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:61a90668-e5ce-4c69-81d2-7db68356c5b4Post:4c2be674-367f-46de-90fa-49b2ae40155c">Re: What came first....</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI knew I wanted St. Patty's day before the ring went on my finger.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

I agree with this!  I always had that in my mind and once we realized that it fell on a Saturday we were like that is the DAY!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards