Getting in Shape
Options

resisting the cravings.

What's worked for you? I get lots of late night sweet tooths. I try so hard but sometimes I give in, sometimes more often than less. I've been working on chewing gum when I'm hungry but I need backup methods.
Lilypie - (pZmO)

Daisypath - (m6Pg)

Re: resisting the cravings.

• Options
    I honestly just don't keep many sweets or junk food in the house, and chances are I'm not going to feel like going out and getting any, so that works for me. lol I try gym as well, or just drink a lot of water. Doing something to get your mind off of it, as PP said, usually helps too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If it is late night cravings you are dealing with...brush your teeth.

I am so much less inclined to eat more food if I've already brushed my teeth for bed, because I do not want to have to brush them again.

If it's really close to bed time when you're getting the cravings, just go to bed. Get into your PJs and read in bed etc.
  • Options
    Often our bodies will crave sugar when we are tired (think quick & easily accessible energy), so just by going to bed (if it's late at night like you said) could combat those cravings.

I second the brushing your teeth suggestion as well as support the tea drinking, both of those work well for me if I can't go to bed for some reason.

GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I get snacky and crave sweets at night too.  The best way for me to stop that was to eat dessert every night.  Seriously.  And I'm not talking fruit or something.  I have chocolate every night.  I get the Lindor truffles, which are rich enough that one or two does the trick (aka I don't eat the whole bag), without blowing hundreds of calories (2 of them are 80 calories).  If I try to resist, I just snack all night trying to get rid of the craving.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Great ideas here, I second the tea idea coupled with sleep/ending your day.  I make a cup of chamomille tea and settle into bed with some crap TV or a book, and that usually does the trick.  I'm always glad I didn't give in in the morning. 
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards