Pre-wedding Parties

Engagement Party theme

how does a hollywood theme engagement party sound?

Re: Engagement Party theme

• It sounds like a lot for an engagement party honestly.  I don't think things like engagement parties need a theme other than "hey we're getting married."  Are the hosts insisting upon a certain theme?
  • Agree with pp - I don't think engagement parties are really appropriate for themes.  Is your host wanting to do this and asking your opinion?
  • Well the decorator was asking for a theme because we don't want a regular engagement party. We want something outside the box but not over the top. Our engagement party is also gonna be a little different because its more of like not announcing our engagement because people already know about it. We plan to have it closer to our wedding date more of an almost end of engagement party and beginning married life.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_engagement-party-theme-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:6f759277-e7ef-47c8-bae5-b20947ff940aPost:71c96b99-e84b-463a-85fc-2386aa922cee">Re: Engagement Party theme</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well the decorator was asking for a theme because we don't want a regular engagement party. We want something outside the box but not over the top. Our engagement party is also gonna be a little different because its more of like not announcing our engagement because people already know about it. We plan to have it closer to our wedding date more of an almost end of engagement party and beginning married life.
    Posted by Booboo1410[/QUOTE]

<div>Engagement parties should be held within the early months of your engagement.  What you're talking about doesn't sound like an engagement party if you're having it close to your wedding date.  I don't think the host needs to communicate a theme to the guests, but if you're talking about how to describe it to a decorator, doing with a hollywood glamour thing would be ok.</div><div>
    </div><div>However, it sounds like you might be planning to host your own engagement party...is this correct?</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards