Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Jeff Reed Cut

I think that was a bad move on the Steelers. Yes, he ran his mouth yesterday and made excuses for the 25 yarder he missed, but the guy they are replacing him with has been cut 4 times and has been a free agent this whole season!

I think someone like New England or Cinci is going to pick him up and he'll kick the field goal that beats us in a game later this season!

Thoughts?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Jeff Reed Cut

• Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly? I'm glad to see him gone. And plenty of kickers get cut, it's not a position where you need a starter and three back-ups, KWIM?

I did not like his comments in the Post-Gazette on Monday. Not that that's a reason to cut him, but the article rubbed me the wrong way. Saying that you're not going to make excuses and then comment about the condition of the turf is a liiiiiittle contradictory to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    katie88fkatie88f member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My same thought (about beating us later one - prolly in playoffs with our luck!).  However I do think he should have been cut, he has missed 7 field goals this year, more than any FULL season he has had and there have only been 9 games.  Not to mention his actions off the field are not the best.  I dont know, I think we'll be fine with out him, I just hope no one else picks him up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it made sense to cut him - he's been playing pretty poorly/erratically this year.  But Suisham is not a great replacement.
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always felt confident when Skippy stepped up to kick the ball and still do despite his record thus far this season. I'm not exactly thrilled with the move to be honest and am nervous about the new guy. Heinz Field isn't an easy place to kick field goals... the tv announcers say it like every home game... so i'm worried as to how the new guy will adjust.

• Options
    kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that sucks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Although I think it was a silly move to cut him from the team, it was clear that he was underperforming in comparison to last season.  What made it worse was that Jeff started to make some poor excuses in reference to his bad performance this season.  Complaining that the turf was bad?  So it wasn't bad last year when he had an awesome season??  Although he was underperforming, I think it would have been best to at least bump him down to 2nd string.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards