Not Engaged Yet

Happy Thursday!!!

Almost home to the weekend!!  Quick question/laugh for the morning. 

My boss just walked in with a CASE of Bailey's Irish Creme to give to the employees, the first thought that crossed my mind was "would it be wrong to go brew a pot of coffee now" 

Re: Happy Thursday!!!

• It would absolutely NOT be wrong. What are you waiting for?

That's such a nice gift, I LOVE Bailey's. 

There's a guy that comes to my office every day and shines/cleans the shoes of my coworkers. He gave us all Christmas cards today and mine says, "Feliz Navidad Lady". I giggled :)

• We have guys that come through our office to shine shoes as well.

I'm in a decent mood today I hope it stays that way.  I'm starting to get excited for Christmas and that the weekend is in sight now.

I love Bailey's.  I haven't had any in forever but it's so good. I love kahlua as well.

Anniversary

• Bailey's and coffee sounds fantastic right now! Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My fear is that if I start drinking now the bottle might be empty before it gets home...Baileys is so yummy
  • I love Bailey's!  I have a couple of big bottles in my liquor cabinet.  My dad and I have a tradition of finishing off a bottle every Christmas Eve.  I don't know what we're going to do this year.  Maybe Skype and drink???

I'm glad this week is almost over, it dragged.  But, on a good note, I forgot that I cashed in PTO and if you don't use it, they put it in the last check of the year, so my paycheck was big enough to pay off the credit card I used to buy all of my holiday gifts and then some!  I'm so happy about that!!!

This day is literally the calm before the storm.  Tonight I'm going to get my nails done (just a gel overlay and gel polish LOVE IT!), buy a dress and shoes for New Years and then put away laundry and do some cleaning.  Tomorrow I have to go on a "business trip" the next county over but the good thing is that the meeting will be over around the time my bf gets out of work, and he works one town over from where I'll be so we're going to meet for dinner and drinks after work :) then when we get home bake cookies for bf and dad.

Saturday I pick up my dog!!!!!  I'm so excited!!!!!  Get back from NJ, bring him to the vet, then bf's old roommates are coming over with their kids to exchange gifts.  His one old roommate's daughter is REALLY into Barbie, so I went overboard on Barbie stuff, but how can you not???

Sunday we drive to Poughkeepsie, NY to meet up with the parents for brunch, they get to meet their new "grandson" and we get to eat Cracker Barrel and exchange gifts.  I can't wait to see my parents (well really my dad) and I know my Kitchen Aid mixer is going to be in my hands!!!  But I'm going to be good and wait until Christmas to open it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Better stay away from the Bailey's...  since you're in AA and all.  :)

Guys, I am exhausted.  Today is my 10th straight day at work.  I can barely see straight.  So today it is my mission to see how little I can get away with at work.  I started by being almost 10 minutes late (because I got all the way to the office before realizing I'd left my office keys at home), so I'm succeeding I think.  Anybody have Netflix recommendations to fill up the rest of my day?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-thursday-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a619dee1-c656-45ba-b8a4-43ad82a4de5aPost:3ee59fb8-5a2d-467b-a867-20f9b34a0398">Re: Happy Thursday!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Better stay away from the Bailey's...  since you're in AA and all.  :) Guys, I am exhausted.  Today is my 10th straight day at work.  I can barely see straight.  So today it is my mission to see how little I can get away with at work.  I started by being almost 10 minutes late (because I got all the way to the office before realizing I'd left my office keys at home), so I'm succeeding I think.  Anybody have Netflix recommendations to fill up the rest of my day?
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

LMAO!  I do the same thing at my job.  My office is in the basement, no one knows when I'm coming or going.  I leave for two hour dentist appointments, watch Netflix, etc.  My manager's motto is "as long as the work is done, I don't care what else you do".  My work is usually done by noon (not this week though).  I started watching Downton Abbey on Netflix.  Also, the latest season of Weeds.  Love Weeds.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I've been watching Secret Life on Netflix recently.

Today my goal is to figure out if we can switch hotels for our conference in April, and then start figuring out what the hell is going on in this disaster of an office.  I'm kind of in a bad mood though.  I really want to snuggle with my BF, and he has to go take care of another girl who is a teacher here and is freaking out.  I'm annoyed.
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_happy-thursday-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a619dee1-c656-45ba-b8a4-43ad82a4de5aPost:bf49a156-f874-43b4-b64e-0b17660f6177">Re: Happy Thursday!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Thursday!!! : LMAO!  I do the same thing at my job.  My office is in the basement, no one knows when I'm coming or going.  I leave for two hour dentist appointments, watch Netflix, etc.  My manager's motto is "as long as the work is done, I don't care what else you do".  My work is usually done by noon (not this week though).  I started watching Downton Abbey on Netflix.  Also, the latest season of Weeds.  Love Weeds.
    Posted by buddysmom80[/QUOTE]

Most days I'm the only person in my office and my job is rarely very busy.  I do my hair and makeup here, read, knit, etc.  But today I just want to watch something brainless and zone out.

I started Downton Abbey recently, too!  Love it!  Not what I'm in the mood for today, though. 
  • It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is now on Netflix.

I also rewatched Arrested Development recently.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I hate that Netflix is now blocked at work.... I used to be able to watch stuff on there it was nice to have TV show running the background or on my second screen since I have two monitors.

Anniversary

• Today I am going to the city (San Fran ya know) so that hopefully will be fun.  I'm not too excited because I am going with my friend who I love but she loves to talk about herself.  It gets really old to hear how awesome she is all the time -.-  But it will be fine... I hope.  

I am really jealous of the bailey's gift rusgln.  Yum.  And absolutely brew up that coffee.

Peeks why does the BF have to talk care of another girl?  That would put me in a bad mood too.  

Elle- Big Bang theory all the way.  Though I have no idea if that is on netflicks.  

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Suits?  I just got into that show and I think the guy who plays Harvey Spector is cute.  Feeling lazy today and been lazy the past two days.  I feel guilty but not enough to light a fire under my butt.
  • I just got to my parent's house in Virginia!  This is the first time I've been home since graduation, and it feels weird, but good.  I'm glad to be spending the holidays with them, but I feel like a terrible girlfriend, since BF is stuck in Texas.  Oh well.

To answer the question, I think brewing a cup of coffee is an excellent idea.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards