Delaware

Kings Mills

I know that I just posted about getting engaged and now I'm asking about reception sites! Since I have a specific date in mind I figured that I should try to get the reception site out of the way quickly.

Today my FH and I went to Kings Mills in Media, PA (I know not DE but I figured I'd ask). I loved the place but just wanted to see if they will live up to what I saw! If anyone has been to or had their wedding there I would greatly appreciate the feedback!!! Thanks!

Re: Kings Mills

• edited December 2011
    I haven't been there for a wedding, but I have been there for a prom. My parents went there for a wedding. I couldn't get over the smell of must, which I am assuming from waterfall outback. I heard from the board (check out the philadelphia board) that they have a bad rep for wedding days, such as yelling at photographers, etc. Again I havent been there but I just wanted to let you know. I got engaged in July and visited 19 places in the area.. if you want info email me at lilvalval26@yahoo.com

Val
  • edited December 2011
    I heard two negative things about Kings Mill... one, they are not very flexible to work with, and two, the DJ/band MUST use their sound equipment (which is supposedly bad) and can not bring in their own speakers, etc.

On the positive, I have heard that they have really great scenery and spots to take pictures.
  • may37may37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback! I really do appreciate it!
  • edited December 2011
    My brother and SIL got married at Kings Mills in 2007.  It was beautiful.  They had both the ceremony and reception there.  The ceremony was outside by the waterfall.  It's true that the DJ has to use KM's sound system, but the DJ my bro/sil had was awesome.  People were dancing the entire time, i know i was!  The food was just ok, and i didn't eat what was put in front of me because it looked funky.  there was another wedding at the same time.  the only thing my bro/sil didn't like was that they forgot to put the cake topper on the cake. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards