May 2012 Weddings

Hostess gift?

What do you get the hosts of your showers? One shower, 2 of my bridemaids are throwing me, so that should be easy. however, FI 5 aunts are throwing me one. Do I get them all 5 something? This could get expensive

Re: Hostess gift?

• Good question.  Do we have to buy the hostess another gift on top of a BM gift (if your BM is the one throwing the shower?)
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would get them each something.  It doesn't have to be expensive, just something to thank them.  I think a nice candle or something along those lines would be fine. 
  • I've been thinking about what to do for this as well. My mother and sister hosted a shower for a friend last year, and she got them these small bath and body works gift sets that probably cost around $10 each as hostess gifts.

This is my only experience with shower host gifts, but I plan to give the women hosting mine probably a $15-20 gift each. Neither of them are in the BP. 
  • Something small like a candle is nice. It doesn't have to be expensive but something to show your thanks. If the person hosting is a BM I would say this gift is separate from her BM gift.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I got my mom a scentsy with a few scents.
  • @Sabrina -- I like the Scentsy idea :) I may have to steal that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think I might do GCs and and card. I know it's pretty impersonal, but this wedding has totally flushed my mind of creativing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • FI's grandmother is throwing my shower...I still have no idea what to get her...
    Anniversary
  • As the weeks go on, I feel like I have more and more people to buy presents for!
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_hostess-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:fd8b82c1-3065-4a82-b1d8-64c91b421a61Post:f3b9506c-e1bd-4933-a919-d470c8769b15">Re: Hostess gift?</a>:
    [QUOTE]As the weeks go on, I feel like I have more and more people to buy presents for!
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

<div>A-freaking-men.</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My mom and FMIL are hosting my shower.  I got both of them a GC for a manicure, a candle, and card.

I don't think you need to spend a ton of money, but something small to show your gratitude is always appreciated! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I brought some bag on sale at the Knot shop, I also brought some emery boards on sale at Oriental Trading.  Then I am going to add some home made bath and beauty stuff ( I am finding a ton of these ideas on Pinterest).  I have 6 bridesmaids, a very involved Jr. Bridesmaid.  My FI mother is helping throw one of my showers.  I wanted to get them something nice but inexpensive and that they would use.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards