Ohio-Columbus
Options

FOOL vs FOSL

Hi Knotties,
Ok, so I am shocked and confused...and I need  your help! Both FOOL and FOSL come highly recommended on this blog, and I am aware that the general concensus is FOOL />  FOSL in price. I met with both florists this weekend, and FOOL was DOUBLE the price for the same vision. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? I am so confused...obviously I would like to save money, and the obvious pick would be FOSL. However, am I getting the same quality??? Is this apples to apples? Does anyone have any advice?

Re: FOOL vs FOSL

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FOOL wasn't in my budget because of their minimums... And FOSL was booked for my date... but many girls on here rave about FOSL so I'm sure they would be a great choice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I met with both, and I agree that it seemed the price was almost double. I opted for FOSL. Can't tell you if you are losing out on some type of quality. But,  a lot of people have raved about FOSL, so I assume they can't be poor quality.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What is it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ended up booking FOSL after reading that FOOL raised their minimum to $2000 starting with 2011 weddings.  I don't know if they're one of those companies that feels like they're so popular that they can comfortably do that, but to me it's a great way to lose business.  $2000 was nowhere near my budget so I didn't even contact them.  Obviously there are people who will spend that amount with no problem since they stay highly recommended, but I'm sorry, if you can get the exact same thing with another company for much less then it's a no brainer.  I don't see what would be so special to make their prices double, but that's just me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I met with both and FOOL was more than double what FOSL was.  Obviously, I went with FOSL.  They always get great reviews, and the ladies there are just so nice and easy to work with.  You actually feel like you are important to them instead of just being another customer.  I think the general consensus is that FOOL is always much higher than FOSL probably mostly because the FOSL ladies work out of their home and FOOL is downtown which is pricey!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 323 Made the List!
    image 114 Are ready to Dance!
    image 12 Can't make it!
    image 197 Forgot how to use Snail Mail!
  • Options
    sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My story is pretty much identical to that of everyone else. I met with FOOL and FOSL both. Anne and Robin from FOSL were able to promise me the flowers I wanted which would be hard to get (peonies) and do it for half of what FOOL quoted me without the promise of my flowers. As much as I loved the vision that FOOL showed me, I can't justify spending 3400 on flowers that are just going to die, no matter how pretty and well put-together they are.
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We heard the same cost difference...and didn't even go to FOOL, we just met with FOSL. I also believe that cost is control due to the ladies working out of their homes (no overhead, no inventory to fund).  With such great reviews by brides that have used them, I would believe the quality is equally as good.

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    While FOSL was booked when I was looking, we ended up using FOOL. Compared to the other quotes I got from Bloomtastic and the Daisy Basket, FOOL was not only less expensive but we also got a lot of flowers for our money. They executed our vision perfectly, and our flowers looked beautiful all day. We were really happy with the results.
  • Options
    BAYB153BAYB153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the great input and advice...My quote was $3800 for FOOL and $1900 for FOSL....I have a pretty specific vision, and really want it executed with the flowers I want. I showed pretty exact pictures of my ideas, and I am hoping that FOSL can guarantee that. I can't justify spending that much money on flowers, even though I love them and want a specific look accomplished. THANK  YOU for giving me the courage and confidence!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have a vision, I've no doubt FOSL can make it happen for you.  The early post was right about the ladies have much less overhead and costs having done all their flowers themselves out of their homes.  I met with a handful of florists and while FOOL will do amazing work, it was just too expensive, and maybe they have to be because of the nature of their business -- storefront, employees, good location, etc.  FOSL LOVE what they do and are very willing to work with you to get you what you want at a price you want I think.  They did wonders for me and my tiny flower budget, and were one of the most patient vendors we had.

If you want to see more of their work, some of the more recent brides had tagged them in photos on FB if you look them up under Flowers on Springtree Lane.  I think they have a new blog too if you haven't had a chance to check it out.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.  Best of luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm not familiar with FOSL, but we used FOOL for our wedding last June.  To this day I am still so impressed with the work FOOL did.  I had a very specific vision, and I have to say they executed it perfectly.  We received compliments from at least half the guests about how much they loved the flowers.  When I think about my vendors FOOL is one of the few that far exceeded my (high) expectations.  I also feel like we got a lot of flowers for the money.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards