North Carolina-Outer Banks

Heading to OBX tonight!

Hey Ladies,
Hope all of your are enjoying planning thus far. FI & I are heading to OBX for a long weekend. Soooooo excited! We haven't been down since LAST OCTOBER! We are going to meet with all our vendors and take care of some major checks. If any of you need anything, don't hestitate to ask!

Here's what I hope to get accomplished:
-Find Honeymoon House
-Taste & choose menu, wines & beers to be served
-Check out rental options for tablecloths, napkins, chair sashes & chairs for the ceremony (maybe check pricing on heat lamps just in case)
-Decide on reception room decor, table placing at The Pearl
-Meet with Florist (Shirley from SugarSnaps) and choose our centerpieces, etc
-Meet with Photog (Ginger of GingerSnaps) and make schedule & choose poses we want that will require her to bring props, etc.
-Meet with DJ (Mike Smith) and go over music selections
-Meet with Violinist (Leslie of Club Violin) & select ceremony music
-Find maps and goodies for welcome bags
-Make hotel reservations for my family
-Look for NC Lottery tic favors
-GET A TAN!!! (I am so white I am almost translucent! I have to make sure not to bring a suit with straps though, since my dress is strapless)
-Relax with my honey and recharge our batteries....most importantly!

Is there anything I am forgetting? I'm hoping to see some other weddings while I'm down there too, just for ideas (not gonna crash, just view from afar). Hope you ladies will all have a great weekend. Please, msg me if you need anything while I'm there!!
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Heading to OBX tonight!

• edited December 2011
    It sounds like you have it under control.  I can't wait to hear what you find out about food.  Our RSVPs were due today so we should have final numbers after calling a few people this weekend.  I need to contract Trish next week, but I was waiting to hear what you decided first.  Have FUN!
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Have a great time. FI & I are heading down next weekend for 3 days. Hoping to accomplish much of the same. Let me know what you find w/ the loto tickets..I love this idea!!
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Ohhhhh super excited for you :)

Let me know which Honeymoon house you chose......

• jkramasjkramas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  How was the trip?  I am going down in a week and a half to pick the venue and caterer, I am verrry excited!  Let me know if you have any suggestions from your trip. 
  • sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! It was fantastic! Weather was perfection.

MS-Teach, I PMed you some menu info

OBX- Thanks! We chose Oyster's Pearl from Sun Realty for our Honeymoon House. It's not oceanfront, which we were sure we wanted at first. But it has it's own pool, hot tub, putting green (really!), game room complete w/pool table & bar, fireplace and amazing views. Plus it's like $300 cheaper than the oceanfront homes and for that much and all the amenties, I can walk a block to the beach!

JKramas-We are going with the Pearl for venue & catering. But we tried High Cotton BBQ (who caters) and it was divine! We also saw Jeanette's Pier, which JUST re-opened, and it was BEAUTIFUL! This would be a great choice for a waterfront venue, just based on it's location.

This whole trip just cemented how perfect the Outer Banks is for a wedding. I am so happy we went for this. I know all of us ladies will be very happy with our choice. :)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It sounds like you had a productive trip!  I shot you another PM.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards