Washington-Seattle

Advice on jack/jill co-ed party?!

Hey we are doing a co-ed party instead of bachelor/bachelorette.  thinking something low key where we can go for drinks and convo with about 20 people.  we are planning from the east coast, so any ideas on bars/wine bars that would be fun but also easy to chat, rather than a loud club!
Thanks!!!
I am like a falling star who has finally found her place next to another in a lovely constellation, where we will sparkle in the heavens forever

Re: Advice on jack/jill co-ed party?!

• edited December 2011

google piano bars in seattle.. that sounds like what you're leaning towards.. if you want a BAR but have it still have fun, live energy  try Kell's irish pub. They do live music :) It's a really cool bar and very friendly right next to pike place market. and walking distance from other bars and clubs if you guys end up feeling the mood to hop it!

• edited December 2011
    Any preference on location? Downtown core (by the main hotels)? Or is a little farther (15 min walking) okay?
  • Frogger5Frogger5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the Purple Cafe & Wine Bar. I don't know their set-up for that big of a group of people, though - probably give them a call.
  • edited December 2011
    Some ideas (where you can at least block off a private space):

Black Bottle (great wine, drinks, and eats in Belltown)
    Local Vine (wine bar in Capitol Hill)
    The Rob Roy (loungey type bar in Belltown)
    Barca (you can reserve the upstairs room, bar in Cap Hill)
    Buckley's (Pub - Belltown is the best location)
    Twist (have a few nice spaces you can reserve)

The Dueling Piano Bars are going to be much more crowded/less low-key
  • valigrl21valigrl21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Kell's Pub! It's a fun, relaxing place.
    BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)
    BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born natural 6/6/11
    BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Life is like a camera. Just focus on what?s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don?t work out, just take another shot."
  • edited December 2011
    thank you so much for your input ladies!

I am like a falling star who has finally found her place next to another in a lovely constellation, where we will sparkle in the heavens forever
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards