California-San Diego

Honeymoon Registry

Hi all you SD Brides!!! I really need help as my and my fiance' really want to register to have guests help us pay for our honeymoon as we already live together and have most of the items we need/want. I wanted to see if anyone else has done this or known of someone and can give me tips and tricks or your experiences. This would be SUPER helpful! 
Thank you so much in advance! 
Michelle 

Re: Honeymoon Registry

• frenchy730frenchy730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In general, honeymoon registries are frowned upon because it's nearly the same as asking for cash directly, which is a huge ettiquite no-no. 

Just don't register at all, and use whatever cash you may receive at the wedding towards your honeymoon.
  • edited December 2011
    I looked into one.  You set up a website and just put descriptions of the activities you want to do, dining, hotel rooms etc, and the guests select whichever one they want and pay through paypal directly to the site company.  then to get your "gifts" the site company gives you the lump sum.  the bad thing about the one i checked out is that the site company charges a fee and takes it out of your gift money.  so really you're only getting a portion of what your guests wanted to give you.  we decided to just use any cash we might receive toward the honeymoon.
    are here any hobbies you two enjoy doing together that you might not have stuff for?  for instance, we love to camp so we'll be registering with rei, we also love to cook (he's a chef) and will be registering for all the fun cooking accessories that we don't have.  just some ideas! Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    another thought, you could do word of mouth that you're not doing a traditional registry, but would love honeymoon help.  or on your wedding website, if you're doing one, put descriptions of your honeymoon ideas, where you want to go and what you want to do.  you could even copy and paste photos and on there say that if people want to give you gifts, what you would like is help making your honeymoon dreams come true.  or whatever, but you get the idea
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards