Nevada-Las Vegas

Cash Bar Fees (Rumjungle)

Hello Vegas Brides!

I have been speaking to Rumjungle about costs of hosting our reception dinner at their venue, and as well as the nomal Rodizio menu fees I was told the following:

"For a cash bar (where guests pay individually) a $250 fee per every 20 guests will be applied to the host for the added staff required for individual checks"

...is this something that anyone else has come across for other venues? I think it;s a bit cheeky seeing as they are a restaurant/nighclub and it is their JOB to serve their customers, individually or not. Has anyone has any success in getting this fee waived (or any tips for how to haggle?).

Given their current Chapter 11 Bankruptcy ruling, I feel that I am taking a leap of faith in booking 40+ people to a dinner in March 2011, and they should not be charging me this additional fee. (By the way, I emailed Kathryn about what the score is re the Bankruptcy filing and she said they are still taking bookings a year in advance and she had no further comment about the case!)
www.mywedding.com/benandpetra

Re: Cash Bar Fees (Rumjungle)

• edited December 2011
    Ouch! I have come across that type of fee before but not $250!! Kahunaville charges $50 for every 25 people if you have a cash bar. Good luck getting the fee waived... or at least reduced! That seems kind of crazy expensive... like they are not punishing you for having a bigger budget and paying for a bar package.
    Survived major c-section complications which led to massive blood transfusion, hysterectomy, BSO and pulmonary embolism. Very thankful to be alive to raise my kids! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of this fee---and I think it's a bit ridiculous!! BUT, I'm guessing it's their way of still making $$ because I cash bar won't bring in nearly as much as an open bar will (unless, of course, everyone drank like alcoholics). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are going to have to fork over $500 for a cash bar you may as well set-up a consumption bar for $500 and let people buy their own drinks after you hit that amount. That should be enough to buy at least the first round or 2 of drinks!
  • GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    UPDATE: Rumjungle have agreed to waive the $250 'cash bar fee' per 20 people, on the provisio that we have wine and champagne on the tables and pay for all non-alcoholic drinks, which is fine with us. Wink
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards