April 2012 Weddings
Options

April Showers

Hey gals, 

I've been lurking on the board and posting sparingly for a few weeks, but I'm having my coming out party. ;-) 

FI and I decided on my childhood fantasy venue in my hometown of Kingsport, TN on April 21, 2012.  We both live in Washington, DC and his parents spend 9 months of the year in China.  Talk about a logistical nightmare for this wedding. I am hoping to keep the meltdowns to a minimum, and be patient.  We've got nothing accomplished except the venue, so I'm celebrating this small win.

I'm so thrilled to be an April bride, but I'm already praying for pretty weather -- So, here's to no rain on April 21, 2012!  April showers bring May flowers, but please just not on any of the Saturdays!! 

Re: April Showers

• Options
    Yay, another Southern gal!!!! =D Welcome and happy planning!

Same date! Yes, please no rain!
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    We are having beautiful 80 degree sunny and not humid weather in New Orleans today and I hope it's an omen for my wedding a year from tomorrow!
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    Welcome to the board we are so happy to have you! And like you im hoping for no rain but if it happens at least from what ive heard rain on your wedding day is supposed to bring good luck! ;) Heres to hoping! And congrats on the venue now that you have that set in stone everything else can begin to fall into place.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • Options
    "Rain makes corn, corn makes whiskey, whiskey makes my baby feel a lil frisky!"- Luke Brian- "Rain is a Good Thing"

If it rains that day, somebody better have the DJ play this song!!! =D
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    I'm also dreading the rain, New England weather! But I am okay with rain, because it's good luck! My parents have been married for 31 years and it poured on their wedding day. Same thing with my aunts and uncles who got married on rainy days. 

I would talk to your photographer about the chance of rain. We talked to ours and he said they are all about the rain. So if I see rain in the forecast, go out and get some fun rainboots and an umbrella and you can get some of the best pictures.
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm the same date as well!  I refuse to admit that rain is a possiblity that day!  :P
    I'm putting out positive energy and hoping that it all works out.  If not then we're going to get some cute pics with rain boots and umbrellas and a few good stories :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love the rain boots, umbrella idea!  I've already thought about giving monogrammed umbrellas as bridesmaid gifts.  

I guess my big concern about the rain is that my venue is small, so if I can't have the ceremony outdoors, I'm very limited in how many people can be invited. I really don't want people to stand in the back of the room in the event of rain, because there isn't enough seating inside.  

I went to a wedding last summer where they didn't have enough seats for everyone, so they had about 20 people standing in the back.  I don't guess it would have been a big deal, IFt the groom didn't trying to seat people by yelling down the aisle, "I have two seats up here in the second row."  It just seemed so unorganized.  (not to mention the outdoor ceremony location was right by a train track, and a train went by the whole time so you couldn't hear anything -- I felt so bad for the bride.)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_april-showers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:ee6e1210-a1a2-4674-b512-982eacca1a6dPost:62c6cea7-28d7-47d0-a8f2-faee109c50cb">Re: April Showers</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Rain makes corn, corn makes whiskey, whiskey makes my baby feel a lil frisky!"- Luke Brian- "Rain is a Good Thing" If it rains that day, somebody better have the DJ play this song!!! =D
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]

is it completely strange that I already decided this with my DJ?
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting married in Missouri and the week of my wedding date there were tornados, hail and rain. I could probably deal with rain or slight drizzle, but hail, tornados and wind could be an issue. In Missouri the weather changes daily. One day it could be 50 degrees in April and today its 92 degrees.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards