Colorado
Options

Ring Soon To Come But.....

I thought I would get a head start on all of this planning stuff.  I was engaged once before to a LOSER but didn't go through with it.  All of the plans I made last time took so long to get in order.  I'm not sure if it was because I didn't really want to marry him and deep down I knew it, or if planning a wedding is really as hard as it seemed.  Either way I'm ready this time around.  I found the man of my dreams, as I'm sure all of you ladies have as well, and I am so ready to say "I do". Any thoughts on where I should begin?  I know what dress I want, I just hope to God it looks as good on me as it does the skinny chick in the mag.  =D  The colors I'm thinking will be black white and pink with a little yellow and orange mixed in.  Is this a good combo?  What are your thoughts ladies.... I'm open to all ideas!

Re: Ring Soon To Come But.....

• Options
    FbrandyeFbrandye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am newly engaged(1 month) and in that month I have learned the first thing you need to decide in our area is when and wear. Most places in Colorado book fast because it is a destination wedding area.
    I wish I would have realized that because I have had to change my wedding date. Good thing is I never really had any day in particular choosen.

Good Luck and feel free to write whenever. I have been where you are, I was engaged to an a$$hole before and after along(4yrs)of dating my fiance finally asked.

June 2011 Signature Challenge Honeymoon imageWedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    edited December 2011

We have talked about this place called The Tapestry House in LaPorte CO.... Really beautiful and private.  When is another story.  We want to buy a house soon but don't know if we should do that before or after the wedding.... Where are you getting married?

• Options
    FbrandyeFbrandye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have still yet to decide. I love Wild Basin, and have looked at the Tapestry House. We are building a house now and our wedding should be Late summer next year but now we are todding around the idea of April next year. The problem is my family is military and my parents live in Germany, so we have to work things around when they can get out here.
    June 2011 Signature Challenge Honeymoon imageWedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    ShilasMomShilasMom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd definitely decide what kind of wedding you want. Church wedding? out door? destination? there are all sorts of little details that stem from that decision. 

What church, what are that churches requirements?

What time of year? inclimate weather plan? time of day?

Where? what do you need to get married there?

Once you figure that out all the little details start to snowball.Smile

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you should start on thinking of a few dates that you would like your wedding on and then talk to a venue to see if any of the dates are open and go from there.

The biggest thing is working with reception halls and churchs for the same day. So once that is out of the way the rest starts to fall into place.

I am getting married April 30th 2011 at a catholic church and having our reception in westminster, Co!

best of luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We really like summer or late spring.  I think a late spring early summer wedding suits us both nicely.  It will be outside and the place we are looking at has a really nice indoor venue so if the weather takes a turn for ugly we will be ok. 

Thanks for the feedback girls!  Now i feel like I am in the right place to start out.  I just wish Justin would get on board with starting the planning process too.  Right now he's just sitting back laughing at me all twitterpaited about the details.  He keeps telling me.... "You know I have put the ring on your finger yet..." My response.... "You already spilled the beans....Now you don't have a choice!" =D

Best of luck ladies!

XOXO Shelli

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol. how cute. I have been planning my wedding for 6 years ( by the time we get married)  So i know the feeling.

Best of luck and if you need any help don't be shy to send me a private message.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado_ring-soon-come-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:632Discussion:dfb6241b-aae3-41a1-af87-4e9b3f7a90faPost:1f24482a-2133-4764-bb11-22469055a7bd">Re: Ring Soon To Come But.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lol. how cute. I have been planning my wedding for 6 years ( by the time we get married)  So i know the feeling. Best of luck and if you need any help don't be shy to send me a private message.
    Posted by wifeandmommy0609[/QUOTE]

6years?! Wow you are going to have one heck of an event it sounds like!  Are you still as excited as you were when you first started?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado_ring-soon-come-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:632Discussion:dfb6241b-aae3-41a1-af87-4e9b3f7a90faPost:53636f48-c715-4dbc-8d0f-60ede8fbb942">Re: Ring Soon To Come But.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ring Soon To Come But..... : 6years?! Wow you are going to have one heck of an event it sounds like!  Are you still as excited as you were when you first started?
    Posted by SSutton14[/QUOTE]

We have been together for almost 8 years. We eloped in 2008 but it just didn't feel right to me.

I am super excited i can't wait. I think this time around I am more excited then before.  I guess cuz I wasn't to excited about us eloping ( we took our then 1 1/2 year old to disneyland with fl's family and we stopped in vegas for the night and we  got married there nothing fancy or anything just 'i do's" and that was it.)

So I think that is why i am so excited this time because it will feel more "real" for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!! Well I'm excited for you!  I'll be following up on you as you get closer to the big day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Find the venue. It's the biggest headache. I'm still working on it. Have nearly everything  else in place as weird as that is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards