Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Rehearsal Dinner for large group!

Hi all,

Looking for a great place to hold our rehearsal dinner in the fall.  FI mom wants all OOT relatives to be invited, too, so we'll have about 65 people total.

I've checked Biaggis, and they're already booked...

Any other suggestions for a larger group???

Thanks!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner for large group!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've looked into Johnny's Italian Steakhouse, there is one by the airport and one by Jordan Creek Mall
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks--I absolutely love that idea, but that's where our reception is, and Johnnys is doing all of our food :-P

We are wanting to try something different the night before--maybe a pizza and appetizer bar....not sure where though!!
  • Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We had a large group for a family reunion and were able to get a room at Okoboji Grill.  We were at the location on SE 14th, but I'm sure the other locations have a room as well!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at Centro- and its pizza and appetizers!  You actually use the South Union space and its really decently priced!

I'm not for sure- but I bet they can hold 65 you may want to give them a call though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Had the same issue as our rehearsal dinner is going to be ~80-90 people!  We ended up renting the Raccoon River Nature Lodge out at Raccoon River park in WDM... it's a little extra leg-work as you have to line up your own caterer and alcohol if you want it, but it was one of the few places we found that could accommodate such a large crowd (and w/o costing more than our reception!)

Good luck!

http://www.wdm-ia.com/Index.aspx?page=233

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE the ideas--thanks to you all!  Never even thought about Centro--fabulous idea though!
  • Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooo ooo ooo!! I was just looking at caterers and found Mama Laconas and thought of you! They have a banquet room that holds 70. No charge to rent. They have a pizza and pasta buffet or you can order off the menu.  It also says they have a TV/VCR/DVD.

I just thought I would pass along the info!!!

http://www.mamalacona.com/Banquet.html
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG, I just realized I got this.  Thanks Mcsweets for the info--we'll definitely look into it.  I'm super excited.  I've never been to Mama Lacona's even, but I've heard it's great :-)

Thanks, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards