Illinois-Chicago
Options

Photographer Suggestion

Any suggestions for good photographers in the Chicago-area that are high-quality but won't break the bank?  I'm hoping to find packages starting around $1500.  Is that reasonable?  Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Photographer Suggestion

• Options
    jsquared62009jsquared62009 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kathleen Thame is within your budget. She did our engagement pics and they're awesome! We're having her do our Dec 2012 wedding.
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Teresa Dalbera Photography did my engagement photos and will do my wedding photos. She is very reasonable, does great work and definitely within your budget. www.teresadphotography.com
    Anniversary
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We used Kara Schultz. She is a little more than the budget that you posted, but she's amazing to work with (responsive, friendly, creative) and her images are gorgeous. Highly recommend!
  • Options
    amyb140amyb140 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Behnke Event Photography.  It's a family-run business and they were amazing!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our caterer recommended Eric Zeffery (he had just gotten married a couple months before our tasting and loved his photos!).  I believe Eric's standard package was around $1500.  We're not using him though, we discovered and fell in love with a different photographer in a very different price point, and decided to splurge. 

• Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Kathleen Thame too!
  • Options
    jlawhead777jlawhead777 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Jason Monaco from Monaco Photgraphy. They currently have a special right now for only $900 with 12 hours of coverage and rights to the pictures! Which is a steal of a deal! I know most photographers I looked at wanted an extra $1,000 just for the rights to the pictures. Ugh who can afford over $2,000 for the photographer and the rights to the pictures that is just crazy to me... Any way below is a link to the photographers site http://jmonacophotography.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was quoted $1000 or less from the following photographers. Some of the quotes were from awhile ago and my wedding is in January, so the quote for your wedding might be different. Hope this helps!

GReyes Photography (This is who we booked.)
    Sherah G Photography
    Melissa Jaen Photography
    Artistic Dreams Photography
    Dominique Partlow Photography
    Neri Photo
    Patricia Anderson Photography
  • Options
    julieadamskijulieadamski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jennifer Shaffer Photography!!!!!

She's an AMAZING photographer! We're using her for our Oct 2012 wedding and we already had our engagement shoot with her. She's incedible. So creative and really goes above and beyond for her clients. Her package right now is $1550 which includes unlimited time at the wedding (she doesn't charge by the hour or if you go over the limit), full copy rights to all photos, dvds of engagement and wedding pics, AND an engagement session is included!! She's super sweet and really knows what she's doing!

http://www.jennifershafferphoto.com
    Visit Military.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    divadancer11divadancer11 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Simply Timeless Weddings.....the contact number on the website is an old one and Eric is in the process of finishing his new website but you can call him at 217.638.2669

Tell him I sent you....he is great!!!!
  • Options
    runschicagorunschicago member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked with Amanda Megan Miller. We scheduled our engagement photos for next month.

http://www.amandameganmiller.com/
  • Options
    chicagomomabchicagomomab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the amazing suggestions!  Now I have a lot to choose from :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Janet Johnston!!  =)  my friend had her for her wedding last year and I feel in love with all her pictures. Then I got obsessed with her website and all the other weddings she did too. We booked her for our april 2013 wedding, she is filling up already for 2013.  check out her website.  i think independent photographers are nicer way to go because it is more personable and they take more pride in their work I feel.  met with bigger companies and other independents, and went with Janet.  Shes based out of Aurora, but meets you at a mutual location in between to have a meeting.  awesome work, great personality. someone you would want to spend your whole day around and trust.  tell her sarah zeigler sent you if you go.  =)  good luck!!!! photographer is a very difficult and important choice!!! Had to remind my fiance its not all about the $$ but quality.
  • Options
    mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used a photographer named Heather Parker. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards