California-Northern

Manzanita Centerpieces for sale after Tahoe Wedding next summer

Hello,

I so do NOT want to pay big bucks for a florist (when I still have wedding shoes to buy ;-), so I am making manzanita centerpieces for my tahoe wedding next summer. I will have about 16 or 17 available for $35 each, including the votive holders (not the candles--you will need to buy tealights for them). Here are some pictures of centerpieces that are similar to the ones I am making:

And in lower light conditions:

They will look like the pictures I posted above, but the branches are secured in plaster inside of  teal colored ceramic pots topped with green moss and sand-colored stones. They will also not have orchids on them (but you may add flowers if you wish). The centerpieces range in height from 22-30".

I am also making the hanging votives myself, and they will be wrapped with copper wire. There will be 3-4 votives hanging on each centerpiece.

I am based in the SF Bay area and would prefer not to bring these back home after my South Lake Tahoe wedding, so I'm wondering if anyone out there might possibly be interested in buying  them after my wedding at the end ofJuly. Once we connect, we can  discuss transportation of the pieces--it is possible they could be picked up in Carson City, NV, which is really close to the Tahoe area. They aren't complete yet, so I can't include pictures of the finished product, but they are already sunk into their pots. If you want to see pics so far, I can post those on request.  I just thought I would put it out there to gauge interest in these great, DIY, natural/rustic decorations. Anyone interested in talking about it?

Good luck everyone with your planning!
Elizabeth

Re: Manzanita Centerpieces for sale after Tahoe Wedding next summer

• edited December 2011
    You might want to try the trash to treasure board. You might have better luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tip, Anglyn! I'll post there, too. I just thought Ladies who might be planning a Tahoe wedding would be interested in sharing the centerpieces.

I appreciate the heads up.

Elizabeth
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards