Kentucky-Louisville

Riverbend Winery??

Has any done or know of someone who has done a wedding reception here?  If so, feedback is MUCH APPRECIATED!

Re: Riverbend Winery??

• Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you been to see the room yet? I've never seen a reception there, but we went to do a tasting last fall with a Groupon and went upstairs to check everything out. It was nice, just small. You could maybe have 100 people there tops. They were all very nice though and the head winery guy came down to talk to us for a bit.
  • edited December 2011
    No, I haven't been yet.  Really??  Their website indicates more.  I am struggling to find a reception venue that isn't going to cost $$$ and that also doesn't like an industry setting.  Any suggestions??
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could be wrong, that was just from memory from 6+ months ago. I would check it out and find out how many it can fit sit-down style and reception style. Reception style is always more, because they are less permanent place settings and all that jazz.

How many people are you thinking about? Mellwood Center is always a fan favorite. It has a unique feeling once you get inside.

There is also Frazier Museum, Glassworks, Sawyer Hayes (even though that books up FAST), Anchorage Ballroom, and more when I think of them. Let us know what you're looking for in terms of people and $$ and we can offer some suggestions!
  • edited December 2011
    150-200 people.  I like different.  I don't really like the modern/industrial looking ones, but at this point, I am willing to certainly look at those.  The entire wedding budget is around 15,000.  So, I don't want to pay out the wazoo just to rent.  I will look into Mellwood.

Thanks!  I appreciate the help.  At least the church is done.  Half of the stress is over, right?  :)
  • Lissa1213Lissa1213 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I checked Riverbend out and the room upstairs was nice but kind of small.  I want a winery wedding as well so I checked out Wight-Meyer in Shepherdsville Ky and booked it for next May.  The scenery is just beautiful.

Edit: the winery above I don't think is big enough for your guest count, but check out Millanova ( I think thats how it's spelled)

• edited December 2011
    What is your wedding date?  Check into the Ice House downtown.  We had wanted to have our reception there but it turned out that renovations would not be finished in time (our wedding is 5/28).  I believe they are planning to be open by late June or early July.  The space is very fun and different, and the in-house catering company was super.  Good luck!
  • britt2488britt2488 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are open to southern indiana, you should look into Fuzzy Zoeller's Covered Bridge in Sellersburg. I believe it's $500 to rent, and there aren't many extra costs at all. They can hold the number of people that you mentioned. It is very different from anything that we looked at in Louisville. It's about 20 minutes from downtown. Check it out! Feel free to PM with any questions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards