Georgia-Savannah
Options

Reception....

Hi all ...
   We're planning our wedding for October 2nd, 2010 down on the beach at Tybee. I actually live here, but am at a loss for finding somewhere to do our reception.  Ideally, I would like it to be as close to the ceremony, and/or possibly to decently priced accomodations, as to prevent people from having to drive all around Savannah .... I'm thinking about 100-125 people, and am on a budget!! I'm not really into the formal dinner set up, leaning more towards finger foods, and hor d'ourves (sp?), possibly even being able to bring in my own food.  Any thoughts or ideas from anyone would be more than greatly appreciated!!!
TIA!!  Laughing

Re: Reception....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Tia...did you try the Marshall House? You can meet all of your needs in that venue....
  • Options
    bean0408bean0408 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only reception I have been to on Tybee itself was at the Dolphin Reef, it wasn't bad but I don't know the price. Have you looked into any of the rental houses on Tybee, or the light house area? Oct is technically "off season" so you might get lucky.
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hey, Jules.  I'm a Tybee girl, too.  I grew up out here.  The city is discourging rental companies from renting to people using them for large parties or receptions.  If you are looking at 100+ people, I wouldn't do that. 
    I have been to many receptions at the Shrine Club.  It is very basic, but can de decorated to look very nice.  You can also do your own catering there.  They do, however, require you to use their liquor and bartending services.  Overall, it is a great option for a great price. 
    I've been to a reception at the Dolphin Reef.  I don't recomend that either.
    Marlin Monroe's does a great job for receptions.  You have to use their food, but the price really depends on what you choose to serve.  We went to one that served low country boil and jerked chicken as well sides and vegeterian options.  It was great.
    Let me know if you have any other questions or if those don't work out.  I'll see what else I can come up with.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jules73297jules73297 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, as of right now, I actually checked into the Shrine Club (my stepdad is a Shriner so thats the first place I went to because I knew I could get a deal) but, sadly, they're already booked ....

I don't think I've ever heard of Marlin Monroe's, but I may see what they have to offer ...

I plan on going out soon and talking to some people in the area about my options, and am going to try to set an appointment with someone from "Tybee Island Weddings" .. I know a girl who used them to do her wedding and they were great ..

I'll keep you updated, and will probably be back around with more questions!

Thanks!!  Laughing
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Marlin's is in the Beachside Colony complex right across from City Hall. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards