Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Alternative to Ring Bearer carrying a pillow?

I have a 10 year old ring bearer. I am looking for an alternative to him carrying a pillow with the rings just to be different. Any cool ideas?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker < br > Planning Bio

Re: Alternative to Ring Bearer carrying a pillow?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_alternative-ring-bearer-carrying-pillow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:dea2b641-0a99-48db-9f91-b91745e3b42ePost:535e40ad-e5ff-47b7-ab4f-392c7e12c2cc">Re: Alternative to Ring Bearer carrying a pillow?</a>:
    [QUOTE]One Irish tradition is to ring a bell to announce the couple.  At one wedding the ring bearer rang a bell at the end of the ceremony.  The officiant told him when. The ring bearer was 6 and adored making all that noise.
    Posted by Magdala9[/QUOTE]

<div><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span"><div style="border-style:initial;border-color:initial;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;font-size:12px;vertical-align:baseline;background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:transparent;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">We are having our ring bearer ring a bell at the end of the ceremony, We are using different Irish traditions at the wedding (for FI's family) and I loved the idea of the bells. Also, when we leave for the night everyone will have the choice of throwing bird seed or holding these cute plastic noise-makers that look like big bells. </div><div style="border-style:initial;border-color:initial;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;font-size:12px;vertical-align:baseline;background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:transparent;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">
    </div><div style="border-style:initial;border-color:initial;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;font-size:12px;vertical-align:baseline;background-image:initial;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;background-color:transparent;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">I also wanted to do something other than a pillow for the rings. I'm going to find a small wooden tray that will have both rings in their little boxes on it.</div></span></div>
    I can't wait until the day I get to marry my best friend!
  • this is an awesome idea - you can then use it after the wedding to keep your rings in in the bathroom or the kitchen! :)
  • Our RB just turned 10 and really hasn't said much about his thoughts. Our wedding is outdoors in the fall so he is going to carry a stuffed pumpkin with the rings around the stem. He is also going to hold his sisters hand (the flower girl) as she walks down some of the steps at the top of my aisle.
  • I LOVE the idea of the bell! My FI is irish, and I am german, we both have been looking for ways to combine some old school traditions. I just spoke with him about it, and we are all for having our FG and RB walk back down the isle while ringing bells, I'm sure two 5 year olds would get a kick out of that.

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. -Bob Marley

• I'm having my flower girls and ring bearers carry a bundle of colorful helium balloons down the aisle (which will be promptly given to their parents who will attach them to the outside aisle when they reach the end of the aisle).  It's cheap and a great way to add a punch of color and fun.
  • I found an old book of love poems and ag going to cutout the pages to make it a "secret box" we are going to line it with moss and hold the rings in place with a ribbon. I think we say this idea on the knot somewhere and loved it. It is a nice alternative to a pillow or plain ring box and I just thought the fact that we are usign an old book of Love poems make it that much more romantic.
  • Mine carried a Batman action figurine with 2 chiffon bags tied to each arm with the rings in them. He sat with his mom until the minister asked him to bring the rings to the front.
    We didn't actually have a wedding party, so he was just with his parents, but he wore a boutonniere like the groom (in his favorite color).
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards